security802

Ok need a boost here

Ok so I have tried in Signblazer and SCALP, and this is kicking my butt, trying to get names in the area circled in red. Is there someone that would be willing to throw me fish and make me a template so all I have to is change font and type in each kids name?

post-36874-0-29799300-1397432845_thumb.j

design.svg

Do you just want the text to flow between the 2 outlines that fall in the middle there?

I'm having additional problems loading your file in either Illy or Inkscape.

Besides that, the 2 radius (radi... however you spell it!) are different arcs and the text looks wrong.

I could upload my result up here.... its huge in size. Like I mentioned, probs with the file.

Here's a screen shot

post-43059-0-32434200-1397434935_thumb.p

I'm having additional problems loading your file in either Illy or Inkscape.

Besides that, the 2 radius (radi... however you spell it!) are different arcs and the text looks wrong.

I could upload my result up here.... its huge in size. Like I mentioned, probs with the file.

I think I have it in EPS as well, let me look

Okay.. here's this.

post-43059-0-98795700-1397435903_thumb.p

hrt (343)WithTextLine.svg

This was done in Inkscape and you should be able to open it back up in that program

and change the text. That's probably gonna require you to modify the curved path it's sitting on.

Don't know haw well thats gonna work out for you.

Dont know how that gonna open in a different program either.

Really could use some more space (top to Bottom) for the text.

Also, I can't get the file I made to open in Illustrator.

Okay.. here's this.

attachicon.gifBarbaraBarely.png

attachicon.gifhrt (343)WithTextLine.svg

This was done in Inkscape and you should be able to open it back up in that program

and change the text. That's probably gonna require you to modify the curved path it's sitting on.

Don't know haw well thats gonna work out for you.

Dont know how that gonna open in a different program either.

THANK YOU, will give it a whirl

In SignBlazer you can go to Text>>Text Follow Arc. Then you can rotate and resize as needed.

Each different name will probably require some tweaking to get it to look good in that space. SBE only has a few options, but the full version has more text tools.

I may have it better in Illustrator... little more time.

Where's that wild goose when you need 'em?

Yeah... just what I thought. The file I created in Illustrator can't be manipulated in Inkscape.

I have a feeling you are going to have to change it in the program it was created in.

Anyone else wanna jump in here and give it a shot?

Yeah... it's gonna be tough to get some thing where you can easilly slap the next name in and go.

Each new name is gonna require a little bit of work to get them 'just so'.

Giving yourself a little more room in between the lines, top to bottom will work in your favor as well.

Yeah... it's gonna be tough to get some thing where you can easilly slap the next name in and go.

Each new name is gonna require a little bit of work to get them 'just so'.

Giving yourself a little more room in between the lines, top to bottom will work in your favor as well.

Thanks for the help, sometimes I get frustrated and need to step back and get some guidance.

I have an early meeting this morning so I don't have a bunch of time but here is a shot at it. I used arial for text so it should come through ok. Just try clicking on the text and changing the name and convert to outlines and hopefully it will keep the text smooth. I played with some of the design to get it more symmetrical but it still could use some tweaking. 

design 2.svg

• Like 1

E L did you have time to try that out and see if it is going to work? <edit> I just opened that up at work in an older version of Illy and it didn't make the transfer the way I left it. Hmmmm. Not sure what to do for you. What program are you using on your end?

Not yet wild goose, dang day job gets in the way,lol. Will give it a look see after I get home tonight. I cut with Scalp and do most work in it. Not very proficient with signblazer and get frustrated with it. Wish I had funding for a better design software but for know I use what I have. Between u and krow I am sure I can get a usable jump on it. Thanks again all

Played wit this a little more and made the area for the text more symmetrical. This version just has an empty path there in the right spot to type on. If you just make sure and  don't save over the top when you input each name you can just re-use the same file and write each name. In the process of doing tall this I rotated the whole design but it shouldn't effect anything.

post-20133-0-06283200-1397492462_thumb.p

design 2rev.svg

E L did you have time to try that out and see if it is going to work? <edit> I just opened that up at work in an older version of Illy and it didn't make the transfer the way I left it. Hmmmm. Not sure what to do for you. What program are you using on your end?

We probably ran into the same problem... opened it up in Illy and it had a seperate path for each letter to be typed on.

Not what I was expecting at all. I might even be looking at a redesign to accomodate the names written on a straight, horizonal plane.

Depends on how many different ones there were to do. For 10 or 20 maybe just bite the bullet and put each name on a path seperately?

May 2 seperate files are the way to go? The Name file you could create the curved path full length. Mark the center.

Duplicate it for as many names as you need to cut. Put the names on all the paths. Cut the names seperate.

Of course the other file is the graphic... marry the 2 on the substrate. Shirts, signs, whatever.

• Like 2

Here's my go, using Inkscape. I rotated the bottom half of the design just a little to make the gap more uniform. Then I drew a line through the middle of it. Typed the text out to the side, converted it to a path, ungrouped it, unioned it all, then copy. Then select the path through the middle, from the menu select path, patch effect editor and added Pattern Along Path. Then click the paste icon, change the pattern copies to single, and adjust the tangential offset till the text is where you want.

If you select the Rosanne from the attached file and open the path effect editor it will already have the pattern along path, just create your new text and do the converstion described above then copy and paste it into the pattern along path editor.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you will then need to covert the new patern to a path before it will cut correctly.

post-25571-0-48455200-1397504310_thumb.p

design.svg

Thanks all I think I finally got it figured out, gonna need to tweek some of the letters seperatly to get em all to look right, but ahead I trot