gcextreme

Graphtec CE5000 issues.

Ok ive had my ce5000-60 for over a year now. For the most part it is awesome.

But everynow and then i have a few issues.

1: After doing a cut and sitting for 10-15mins it tends to freeze and the blade carriage wont move. If i try to send another job to it, it seems to be frozen, unresponsive. I normally just shut it off and then restart it and its good to go again. Most of the time it does this inbetween jobs. But yesterday it did it in the middle of one. It just stopped and was froze.

2. Will it only cut inbetween the pinch roller? Why cant it cut infront of the roller?

Like i said, this machine has worked great and does quality work, these are just the two small issues ive had.

I always turn my cutter off between jobs.  Never froze.   You may have filled the memory. You didn't state how big or many jobs you did before it froze. .  Also weed lines take up a lot of memory. Maybe you need a new USB cable..   I just replaced mine after  4 years. 
    Read your user manual. on turning off the pinch rollers. . Our Ce5000-60 can cut right at the edge of the vinyl after turning off measuring and pinch rollers.

The freezing Is not normal, contact graphtec . . . On the rollers it doesn't cut on either side of the rollers as it uses a magnet in each one yo determine the width . . . As far as in front of the cutter has to use the rollers to move the material for front/ back cuts, toy would need a flatbed to have the head move forward and backward

Maybe try doing a factory reset to see if that helps.

Turn power off, hold down the "up" arrow button (^) and turn the power on while holding the button.  NOVRAM will begin and just follow the queues.

Thanks for the info. Right now its all packed up, i havent unpacked it since i got home from the motorcycle show.

You can go into settings and turn on expand. This will cut to outer edge of rollers.

• Like 1

The settings on the cutter control panel itself? or the cutting controller software on my computer that controls it?

The settings on the cutter control panel itself? or the cutting controller software on my computer that controls it?

the settings in the cutter,  in the menu

• Like 2

Strange - I just turned mine on - hit pause then next several times and there it was.   :huh:

ok what is the name of the menu i want.....yeah i see tons of menus...but im not sure which one im looking for and whats it called?

You can go into settings and turn on expand. This will cut to outer edge of rollers.

brickwall.gif

ok i found it...thanks..i didnt see jaybirds post, lol.

i was going thru "plot area" and "length" and etc...trying to figure it out.

Will i have to go to Expand every time i shut down the machine?

Does the CE6000 have the same menu?

I can't find anything that said expand.  

On the pinch roller sensor menu I have 

Enable

Inside Disable

Disable

I'm assuming I want to change it from Enable to inside disable. 

Is that the same setting change?

I think pinch roller sensor is a fancy way of saying the same thing. And GC it should stay at that setting until you change it again.

brickwall.gif

That little guys head has got to be hurting by now, unless it's a padded wall :)

• Like 1

we are having the same problem with our graphtec ( not cutting to the edge of vinyl) 

we found the expand option on menu, but what do we set it to?

we have a 15"roll of vinyl we are trying to cut to the edges of. 

please help!!?

Why do you have to cut to the edge of a 15" roll?  Get a bigger roll of vinyl.. cutting to the edge can cause your blade to run off on the cutting strip and damage it., which will cause more problems as well as damage your blade.   Or put the vinyl on a cutting mat which is larger than your vinyl and it stops measuring the vinyl..

The issue I have is i cant get it to cut past the pinch rollers.

Have you gone into background settings and disabled your sensors?  Also there is EXPAND..  (I never tried that).  I don't think the CE5000-60 would be that different. from 6000....  Ce5000-60 can cut right at the edge of the vinyl after I disabled sensors.