lilypoo

Ideas for advertising on a sedan?

I drive a Hyundai Sonata (2011 in a beautiful metallic dark blue...sigh) and I've done my back window.  The husband says that in order to look "serious" that I need to stick decals all over the paint.  Phone number and business name on the doors.  And maybe the hood!  And the trunk!  GASP  With the Phoenix sun, I really don't want to worry about ghosting/fading after a few years when I'm ready to remove the vinyl.  I am planning to maybe trade it in for a cross-over that I can use as a "work" vehicle but it won't be for a couple years yet.  It's also possible I might pass this car down to my son, but I need to leave my options open and don't want to risk damaging the paint. 

Whatcha think?  Stick with my back window?  Maybe a stripe across the top of the windshield?  I don't want it to look tacky.

Use your windows or magnetic signs. Don't destroy your paint. A wrap would do also if you can afford it.

It won't be so good idea to write different things and adds on your car's windows or on other parts of its body. This is a cheap idea in my opinion. You can buy different sign boards in stead. I wanted to sale my house and al its furniture and I just called rsisigns.com and got one for my self. So you may try this idea, but not the first one.

It won't be so good idea to write different things and adds on your car's windows or on other parts of its body. This is a cheap idea in my opinion. You can buy different sign boards in stead. I wanted to sale my house and al its furniture and I just called rsisigns.com and got one for my self. So you may try this idea, but not the first one.

I covered my windows and paint all over with bright green and florescent. Didn't even have to spam to do it. :)

• Like 1

Not sure what your budget is but if you want something on the sides that will stand out and not ruin paint I would look into wrapping the car with a solid color and then do the decals on top of the wrap.  I am working on doing this for a guy right now and the material cost is relatively inexpensive for what you are getting. Im thinking on a 4 door sedan you could get the wrap material for under a few hundred dollars and then just have to apply it either yourself or take it somewhere...that is where most of the expense will be.  I will be doing my business partners Jeep in Matte black soon to do our logo over the top of it and preserve his paint and really stand out against the other vehicles on the road. 

My budget is small...  I was thinking of having the back window done in that perf. wrap stuff (forget the real name) but was afraid that it would make people think I personally offer that, which I don't. 

If you are not willing to risk paint fade in order for your business to grow, why not just keep it simple by displaying a web domain and phone number on the glass?    

• Like 1

Is paint fade really much of a problem with new automotive paint these days? Especially if it's only going to be on there a couple of years?

• Like 1

She's in Arizona so I bet paint fade is still a real issue there with the high UV.

• Like 1

Don't do magnets, please. That's so 80's! They can do ore damage to your paint than anything and look tacky for a sign guy. Your sun factor is probably a real potential issue and I have always heard that metallics are particularly effected by sun.  You might consider a short duration application like one summer or 6 months and then remove and do something different so you aren't getting a certain place concentrated? I have some text on a few places on my Suburban but most is placed on the large back side windows.  

• Like 2

Don't do magnets, please. That's so 80's! 

Hey I still sell a lot of magnets. Ugly but effective.

• Like 1

Hey I still sell a lot of magnets. Ugly but effective.

I do too but I always make sure and give them the talk about cleaning the car and applying a new coat of wax and removing the mags regularly to repeat etc.. so they don't come back in pissed off when they have a bunch of scratches on their clear coat. Ha ha! I love doing small fun mags for the local ball teams and stuff with like bear paws or wolfs heads etc.. Those are a little different. 

• Like 2

I do too but I always make sure and give them the talk about cleaning the car and applying a new coat of wax and removing the mags regularly to repeat etc.. so they don't come back in pissed off when they have a bunch of scratches on their clear coat. Ha ha! I love doing small fun mags for the local ball teams and stuff with like bear paws or wolfs heads etc.. Those are a little different. 

I do the speech too and still see them a year or 2 later that you can't get off without a chisel. Some people are just lazy.

• Like 1

Magnets are tacky but heres my solution and a good sell factor...find a vinyl close to the paint color and lay it as the background color.  I have done a few local trucks and with the right color a quick glance and you never know it's a magnet. 

1899921_667017053356192_316803175_n.jpg

Magnets are tacky but heres my solution and a good sell factor...find a vinyl close to the paint color and lay it as the background color.  I have done a few local trucks and with the right color a quick glance and you never know it's a magnet. 

Door is a magnet with a similar idea of matching the paint. 10' away I can't tell it's a magnet

• Like 1

Magnets are something sign folks sell, not use in my opinion. Why? Cause we know inevitably they'll lose one and need more :)

I would contact your insurance company first, if you haven't already, to see that your insurance wouldn't be affected (not sure if you have a personal or business policy).

If you're good on the insurance front (assuming that's still something to check; been outta the business a while and just getting ramped up again) I would wait until you have the money for a full wrap with just vinyl. It can shred the resale/trade in value. That west coast sun ain't no joke...

• Like 2

You do vinyl do the lettering and change it out every year or so with new vinyl and locations. Also there is a compound called ghost off that supposedly works well.

Well I made new vinyl for the back window and will start there.  But yes, that blue sedan is pretty much what my hubby has in mind.  I would like to be a little more incognito at times.  ;)

Why not tell your hubby to put it on his vehicle since he thinks its such a great idea and save your car ;D

• Like 2