Sign in to follow this  
security802

HELP!!!

Ok, so just did a lighter, WHY did the paper stick to it and nmot come off easy and left paper crud behind to be taken off.

kinda like when u peel a price sticker off an item

by the way once it's all off damn hot looking lighter i will say lol

post-36874-0-22762600-1397309121_thumb.j

It can be due to finger oil, the pressure if the press is to high and you could be pressing to long and the paper is burning and sticking

• Like 1

It can be due to finger oil, the pressure if the press is to high and you could be pressing to long and the paper is burning and sticking

I cut the time done, from what I was reading on the lighter post, so I went 100sec, maybe the oil or maybe pressure. Thanks will wear some plain white cotton gloves the wife has for scrap booking pictures, and back the pressure off

I doubt Its oil from fingers I never have a problem. Its your time. and pressure.

• Like 1

The instructions for lighters call for a heating pad, but I think they mean the green rubber (silicon) pads.  

I know that if you read Conde's instructions for the SubliSlate plaques, it says: "Cover with heat resistant green rubber pad. Note: If you do not use a green pad, your transfer paper may stick to the plaque and it is difficult to remove."

I've had this happen, just wait for the product to completely cool, get a few drops of water on the paper and gently rub with your fingertips and it should come right off.

• Like 3

that happened to me once on a phone case.... turns out.... I forgot to peel off the protective clear film first.....DOH!  

Lighter looks good.  did you by chance, or has/is anyone subing the sides/edges?

that happened to me once on a phone case.... turns out.... I forgot to peel off the protective clear film first.....DOH!  

Lighter looks good.  did you by chance, or has/is anyone subing the sides/edges?

I've heard that the same thing can happen if you cook a 2" square Unisub hardboard tile without removing the plastic, too.... but I wouldn't know...

• Like 2

I've heard that the same thing can happen if you cook a 2" square Unisub hardboard tile without removing the plastic, too.... but I wouldn't know...

or coasters :-[

Sometimes I will leave it on purpose  I did this video for a friend

I have found sometimes the black ink get what I call a dust on it so I discovered if you leave the plastic on the metal insert and press with it on they seem to come out better

• Like 3

The instructions for lighters call for a heating pad, but I think they mean the green rubber (silicon) pads.  

I know that if you read Conde's instructions for the SubliSlate plaques, it says: "Cover with heat resistant green rubber pad. Note: If you do not use a green pad, your transfer paper may stick to the plaque and it is difficult to remove."

I've had this happen, just wait for the product to completely cool, get a few drops of water on the paper and gently rub with your fingertips and it should come right off.

I did this with the lighter, figuring it was already messed up I can't do any worse.. LOL

I dont take off the protective plastice. It gives the case a better shine.

I haven't had any luck with the lighters my prints look faded and not bright at all but I am not using the pad. Did you use it EL?

or dog tags.

• Like 1

or dog tags.

Yeah, but that only happens once... maybe twice at the most...

• Like 1

have a whole box of dog tags that do that - no matter what you try

Seriously? Who puts a protective film on only one side of a double-sided dog tag? 

• Like 1

I haven't had any luck with the lighters my prints look faded and not bright at all but I am not using the pad. Did you use it EL?

Nope, no pad just parchment paper and then a cover sheet