Vermonster

tshirt and sweatshirt quality question

So, I need some help understanding a little more about the oz of these things. I get the heavier the weight, the thicker the Material but here's what I am confused about

1. What is a weight you'd consider low, med, high end (sweatshirts and tshirts)

2. What price ranges should I expect to pay (haven't set up my tax ids etc yet)

3. What type of weight (tshirt and sweatshirts) would you go with for printing with inkjet (dark and medium no whites)

I realize you get what you pay for. I am just trying to get a handle on the types of shirts most people use for HTV and ink jet printing. I dont want to order a case of shirts I can't sell because they are too light weight. Looking for something durable, not too expensive, and with some quality to them. I also would like to be able to intelligently offer a "good, better, best" option for my customers.

Any pointers are appreciated.

• Like 1

Heavy is usually considered somewhere near 6oz. I use a lot of the brands, the only one I didn't like was Anvil. I got a whole shipment of Anvil and thought they were way too rough to use with transfers. I was using light transfers however which are a bit pickier on that. 

Depending on shipping and quantity I find shirts in the 1.75 range most of the time. Sometimes you can find them on clearance sales from the warehouses even quite a bit lower than that. I just go with the lower price on the good heavy cotton T's unless my client wants something special. If they have a specific desire then the price can come up too!

• Like 1

I buy mostly through Sanmar but also occasionally through Jiffyshirt. Jiffy doesn't care about having a resellers license. Sanmar is usually a little cheaper especially if you are doing a big enough order to get free shipping.  

I use only " Sanmar " PC61 " Shirts %95 of the time ..

A year-round essential, our best-selling t-shirt has been voted "most popular" by groups, teams, clubs and schools across America.

• Heavyweight 6.1-ounce, 100% cotton (preshrunk)
  • Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
  • Coverseamed neck
  • Double-needle hem
  • Ash is 98/2 cotton/poly
  • Athletic Heather is 90/10 cotton/poly
  • Dark Heather Grey is 50/50 cotton/poly

Adult Sizes: S-6XL

• Like 1

I don't have an account with sanmar so I currently use Jiffy exclusively.   Free shipping at 59 bucks.  I use Gildan ultra cotton for 95% of what I do.  I get the best feedback on those.  I usually get them for about $2.96.  The customer service is the best around for sure!  Guess I better get set up with sanmar and save that buck+ per shirt eh?

• Like 1

Thanks all for the info!!

It may be a while till I get set up with Sanmar, but have a question on the Jiffy Shirts:

I don't have an account with sanmar so I currently use Jiffy exclusively.   Free shipping at 59 bucks.  I use Gildan ultra cotton for 95% of what I do.  I get the best feedback on those.  I usually get them for about $2.96.  The customer service is the best around for sure!  Guess I better get set up with sanmar and save that buck+ per shirt eh?

These the ones you're referring to?
http://www.jiffyshirts.com/gildan-G200.html

Do you order hoodies from them and if so, can you give a recommendation?

Thanks!

Yes, those are indeed the shirts I use.  As for the hoodies... Yes, I get them for Jiffy as well.  I believe they are the Gildan Ultra Blend..... I say believe as I am in Texas and my stock of hoodies has been packed up and stored till next fall already!

I used to sell gildan as my preferred until doing a job with polos and the 3x was smaller than the xl in the same box. Not saying it happens a lot but it bugged me and I went looking for a different brand until I settled on sanmar and the pc61 shirt. I LOVE these shirts. Never had a single complaint about quality or shrinkage from any of my customers.