vinylgal

Trouble with Titan 2 & Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Blade Offset

Working with the new Titan 2.  Love the quite servo motor and great step up from the SC series, but I am still have problems with the o, d, R, meeting up.  Leaves a sliver/tag and causes lots of work to clean up.  Seems like a blade offset issue.  I have adjusted the blade offset up and down, but doesn't solve the problem.  Thinking it is a software issue.  Any software recommendations that would solve the problem?  Should I try another software?  Any trial versions out there?  Any ideas?

SignBlazerElements is a free alternative.

support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

While it obviously does not have the TITAN-specific drivers (the software has not been updated in years) you might give it a try and experiment with various other drivers ---- let us know what you discover.

add to the overcut - I actually prefer flexi to cut from (flexistarter is the cheapest).  but in scalp under cutter setting add to the overcut - by adjusting the offset you are messing up the way it cuts the corners - it has nothing to do with cuts lining up.  you won't find any drivers in signblazer as the development was halted over 7 years ago when Jerry the owner died.

Is the problem specific to an existing design that you already have made or all O's, D's, and R's of all fonts?

When I upgraded from a cheap cutter to a Graphtec I had to edit some nodes of existing designs because the Graphtec was so accurate and cut flaws that went unnoticed with the cheaper cutter.

With SignBlazer you would just have to go down the driver drop down box trying different drivers until one worked. My Graphtec CE-6000 worked with the Compam 2500 driver I believe.

Thank you everyone!  This is exactly what I needed tonight :)  I didn't realize I needed to change the overcut that much, but it worked!!! Phew!!  My new settings are (blade offset .30 for a 45 blade, and 3.5 mm on the overcut).

I was wondering about the design, and there are occational problems with that so I am glad I'm not the only one.  I am amazed at how sensative these better machines are. 

Thanks for all of your help!

• Like 1

So it seemed to fix the problem for the most part, but now it's back.  Changed that blade offset, overcut, and I even put a new blade in.  Cutting on the Titan 2, Speed: 300 and Pressure: 39.  When I change the speed it doesn't fix them problem.  I have looked at the drawings and there is no problem there either.

Next to reply is more reply options. You can upload from there

Hopefully this photo turns out well... same problem, cut fine with the same settings last week, but now has the same problem.

post-86039-0-33634400-1398206847_thumb.p

are you cutting with scalp - might be worth calling support while they are still in

call usc first  - not sure on support thru craftsedge as I am sincerely not a fan of the software to begin with

• Like 2

My guess is tracking. It looks like the end location is different from the start location. Check if the little sliver is the same as your overcut setting.

My guess is tracking. It looks like the end location is different from the start location. Check if the little sliver is the same as your overcut setting.

huh? So the vinyl is moving side to side (tracking) . . . . Not getting that one. We have had this issue with lesser cutters but this one is doing different things in the two examples like a communication error. If it was a mh I would start with is the carriage on the track properly. But tracking and over cut just seams way out there to me. Be interested to see what support says. That one that looks like a stray node has me baffled.

Is that the latest version of scalp as they had some wonkie things with a version not long ago

first one if no stray node I would lean toward a communication problem and try another usb cable just to rule that out - the second one where it starts and stops in different areas I am curious about - have seen that in value cutters when too much blade out and have fixed it by adjusting the blade but that doesn't address the first picture  = that is why I am saying contact support as it seams to be all over the place . . . not a consistent problem.  unless the first one was a stray node and the second one was after you played with the offset messing that up.  offset will show itself in the corners of boxes and points usually - overcut just means the blade goes a little beyond the end point and starts over a little to finish a cut - 

tracking is when the vinyl walks side to side when rolling in and out over a distance almost NEVER shown in a short area like text - more over like a 6 ft stripe . . . . messing with the wrong thing just makes it worse.  knowing the terms and not messing with the wrong thing priceless