squelch

Can't get letters to close properly

Hi all I'm new here. I am also having the exact same problem and have tried everything posted and no joy. It takes forever to weed when half the darn letters aren't closed. It even does it on large fonts and designs. And just when people are starting to buy stuff from me too..... :o:police::o

Guys I had the same problem.

* try feeding vinyl to see if tracking is off. use the ruler and watch if it goes left or right. adjust and try again.

* type of vinyl? I have a problem with really gloss and metalized vinyl. (brushed chrome)

* check graphics

* which holder is the blade in? needs to be in the back one

* take the weed each off.

* dont weed anything might help on big graphics

* set SB to least movement to help

* take the weed each off.

* set SB to least movement to help

Just curious why taking the weed each image off, would help? I'm not questioning your suggestion, just curious how it helped.

SB has two different setting for "least movement"... one is for the least movement of the blade, the other is the least movement of the vinyl. In this case, I think least movement of the vinyl would be the best choice?

Update:

I received my replacement PCut today... but I can't try it out.  US Cutter sent me a replacement machine, but none of the peripheral gear such as blades, blade holder, cables, stand, etc.  This is really getting ridiculous.  We are going on 2 1/2 months since I first bought this thing I am still not cutting vinyl.  (Insert funny little smiley face guy pulling out hair) 

I know that we all appreciate the hard work that Ken puts in around here.  I have not doubt that he is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, but US Cutter really needs to get their act together.  They obviously need more customer support personnel.  Either their products are too defective, or they have way too many customers for their staffing levels.

Rant Over

I'll let you all know how the new cutter works when I get my cables and blades.

Update:

I received my replacement PCut today... but I can't try it out.  US Cutter sent me a replacement machine, but none of the peripheral gear such as blades, blade holder, cables, stand, etc.  This is really getting ridiculous.  We are going on 2 1/2 months since I first bought this thing I am still not cutting vinyl.  (Insert funny little smiley face guy pulling out hair) 

I know that we all appreciate the hard work that Ken puts in around here.  I have not doubt that he is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, but US Cutter really needs to get their act together.  They obviously need more customer support personnel.  Either their products are too defective, or they have way too many customers for their staffing levels.

Rant Over

I'll let you all know how the new cutter works when I get my cables and blades.

Whenever I issue an RMA, I ask the customer to only send the cutter back because that is all we will send out. Keeps the weight down which reflects in shippng cost. I am hoping you forgot I mentioned that, but it is possible I forgot to mention it as well. Either way, send me a PM with your shipping info., and I will make sure we get you some on the way.

firemalt, when you take off the weed each it keeps the cutter from moving the vinyl to make the box around it.

If you try a cut a couple different ways, with the weed each off sometimes it cuts in a differen't manner or way.

Might just be me, or just to many drinks. :angel:

Has anyone had any luck figuring this problem out? I am having the same problem with my refine and it's driving me nuts. I have had it for a few years now and it has served me well but all of the sudden letters or whatever I am cutting will not close completely. This happened once before to me and I posted here and was told to check to make sure that the wheels for the blade holder were on the track, I played around with it and when I turned the machine back on the blade holder shot all the way to the left and slammed against the side of the machine. Amazingly it fixed the problem! That was about a year ago and I now have the problem again. I cant seem to get it fixed this time. Anyone have any suggestions?

After about 4 months of dealing with this problem, I finally gave up and returned my cutter to US Cutter.  Although I know Ken was working very hard on the support side, I found the company's ability to deal with the problems of these cutters to be entirely inadequate.  I am sorry that you are now having this problem and that I can not offer a solution.  Hopefully someone has discovered a fix.

Good luck,

Chuck

With the PCut's it is more difficult to figure out, but with the MH series, it is probably a loose feed roller, or feed roller sprocket.