squelch

Can't get letters to close properly

I have a brand new PCut 630.  I have only had it for about 2 weeks and have spent several hours getting it all fine tuned by testing many different cutting speeds, pressures and offsets.  I have finally gotten everything pretty close, with one exception.  I can not get the starting point and the ending points of letters to match up.  Please take a look at the attached photo.  Notice that the upper left corner of the T & E are not 90 degrees.  Before weeding, this area was not fully closed, causing the weeding to hang up.  I have changed and lubricated the blade and checked to insure the carriage is properly attached to the rails.  I have tried cutting in several places along the 24" cutting length.

I know similar topics have been covered many times, and I have read them all, but most don't have an exact solution.  I am now getting very frustrated.  Please help.

Thanks,

Chuck

Specifics:

PCut 630

SignBlazer Elements

Pressure:  070

Speed:  010

Offset:  0.47

post-2128-12986517104383_thumb.jpg

post-2128-12986517114233_thumb.jpg

I've tried that.  I tried offsets from .00 to .70, to include .25.  The sharpness of the corners changed, but not the starting point of the letter.  I got the sharpest corners with .47.

Thanks anyhow.

Tried pressure 100, speed 50.  Still getting the same result.  When the blade starts at a corner, it tapers off to the right instead of closing the corner.  When the blade starts on any other part of the letter, it does not have that problem.

I also tried pressure of 110 & 90.  No difference.

I tried offset of .25 again.  The corners come out rounded a bit.  .45 seems to be optimum for the corner sharpness.

Keep'm coming.  I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks,

Chuck

Bump.

Come on guys.  Surely someone has seen this before.

Thanks,

Chuck

Is there any play in the feed rollers? They can be tightened with an alan wrench. You could also check the motor that runs the feed rollers to see if the belt is tight. Should be located under the right side case.

Thanks for the reply Ken.  There is no slop in the rollers and the belt seems fine.  No slipping, but not too tight.

It seems to me that it may have something to do with the blade or blade holder.  Here's why.  With the blade in and the cutting depth properly set, it takes 120 pressure and an offset of .47 to get nice sharp corners, but it still has the problem of not closing some of the corners.  However, when I replace the blade with the pen and run it on the same settings, the offset is much too high, causing the corners to overshoot.  If I adjust the offset to a lower number, like the recommended .25, the pen's corners and the corners close.  However, If I put the blade back in, the corners are rounded and don't close.  Basically, the pen seems to give the expected results, where the blade has to be set to a non-standard offset to get descent performance, indicating a possible blade/blade holder problem.  Any thoughts?

BTW, I did read your post about a similar subject being related to USB or a PCMCIA serial card.  I am using a laptop with a regular serial plug.  No adapters of any kind.

Thanks for the reply Ken.  There is no slop in the rollers and the belt seems fine.  No slipping, but not too tight.

It seems to me that it may have something to do with the blade or blade holder.  Here's why.  With the blade in and the cutting depth properly set, it takes 120 pressure and an offset of .47 to get nice sharp corners, but it still has the problem of not closing some of the corners.  However, when I replace the blade with the pen and run it on the same settings, the offset is much too high, causing the corners to overshoot.  If I adjust the offset to a lower number, like the recommended .25, the pen's corners and the corners close.  However, If I put the blade back in, the corners are rounded and don't close.  Basically, the pen seems to give the expected results, where the blade has to be set to a non-standard offset to get descent performance, indicating a possible blade/blade holder problem.  Any thoughts?

BTW, I did read your post about a similar subject being related to USB or a PCMCIA serial card.  I am using a laptop with a regular serial plug.  No adapters of any kind.

If that is the case, I am leaning that way too. PM me your shipping info., and I would like you to try a Creation blade holder instead of the Roland blade holder.

Ken,

I sent you an email 4 days ago and a PM today.  If you received these, please respond.

Thank you,

Chuck

Ken,

I sent you an email 4 days ago and a PM today.  If you received these, please respond.

Thank you,

Chuck

Yes I did, and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I am doing my best to catch up with everyone.

I can not find any reference to the Overcut feature.  I am using a PCut 630 and SignBlazer Elements.  Does this apply to either of these?  If so, please let me know where to find it.

I have also checked the rollers for play/looseness and they are tight.  The drive belt also seems to be in adjustment.

Thanks,

Chuck

I can not find any reference to the Overcut feature.  I am using a PCut 630 and SignBlazer Elements.  Does this apply to either of these?  If so, please let me know where to find it.

I have also checked the rollers for play/looseness and they are tight.  The drive belt also seems to be in adjustment.

Thanks,

Chuck

No overcut in SignBlazer, I had to delete Marcus's post about that, sorry. I think we should have you send back the unit and I will check it out, and fix it if possible, or replace it if I cannot. I got your PM's, so I will respond to one of those with your RMA #.

No cure.  Finally received an RA # from Ken and will be exchanging my machine for a replacement.  Speculation is that it is some sort of mechanical problem.  I'll post an update when my new machine arrives.

Hmm, I have a brand new ctn630 and have the same problem. I've tried everything and can't figure out what to do. Peeps down in Flexi forum having same issues as well. Good luck and let us know.

Hmm, I have a brand new ctn630 and have the same problem. I've tried everything and can't figure out what to do. Peeps down in Flexi forum having same issues as well. Good luck and let us know.

Probably need to get you an RMA # as well.

I just got mine yesterday and seem to have a similar problem. The lines get close but don't quite close. However I have not had alot of time to check it out.

I just got mine yesterday and seem to have a similar problem. The lines get close but don't quite close. However I have not had alot of time to check it out.

Change your offsett to .25 in SignBlazer.

ken, just out of curiosity, what r the settings on ur pcut; for instance, tracking, offset, weed, and so forth. ;D

I don't thing there is one "set" settings for the machine... every different type of vinyl, or different blade, and image could change the setting.

yeah i know but on a regular run, standard vinyl or does it depend on what ur cutting. the reason being, i had the prob then checked my offset it was oo put it to .10 all was well. then i used another program driver to cut vinyl and now it's doing it on that project. i was just wondering.

ken, just out of curiosity, what r the settings on ur pcut; for instance, tracking, offset, weed, and so forth. ;D

I don't have a PCut myslef, just several returns sitting around that need to be checked for re-sale. I do not think any of them have the same setting as the next.