iamandy

How small is too small with a CE6000

I'm used to a cheap plotter, so when it comes to small detail, how small is too small on the detail? Is there a guide folks use or is it trial and error?

For text you should be able to get down to close to an 1/8" tall depending on the font. Some fonts do better than others.

smaller than the adhesive can keep it on the item   here is one I have posted several times from when i could see that small.  I think mr300s holds the record for the smallest done ever

ce5000-60 with a 60 degree cleancut blade

post-2742-0-42860200-1397241166_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Eagle Globe and Anchor! On the list of things to try! That one looks awesome! 

• Like 1

What Dakota said hits it right on the head. You can go well below recommended minimum line thickness. I have found that going tiny is possible but still not a lot of fun because of increased weed time. On adhesive vinyl I try to stay above 1/4" and some font's are worse than others. If I have any say to the customers I try to get them to stay above 1" just for easy weeding and less issues and some font's I make them stay above higher numbers or thicken them up.

On HTV it's a whole different ballgame and I do small stuff all the time because if you are using a product with the sticky carrier then you can go way down and not even worry about the weed.  

I have done 0.2 text  with Avery Chrome    somewhere on the forum it is posted,   I think under user Bossman post.  we converted him to a Graphtec from a SC cutter. ;D

• Like 2

Andy I have done a lot at 1/4" for a friend to put on custom made fishing poles that he builds and puts his name on. I have also do some smaller for the glass that I etch down to 1/8". Here is the EGA that I did on glass> It is about the same size as the one Dakota did

post-6565-0-01735100-1397253155_thumb.jp

So you make me break this out, it was pretty small  LOL

post-2057-0-44583800-1397258323_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-11552800-1397258335_thumb.jp

• Like 5

nice job mr300 I also like the art work, Did you do the vector?

No it was on a CD I bought

post-2057-0-50269400-1397273117_thumb.jp