rlvied

Etched Seabees

Here is another piece that was done for a Seabees Veteran friend. 3/8 glass cut and polished edges. Hope you like it.

Bob

post-6565-0-97049100-1397150228_thumb.jppost-6565-0-62546900-1397150272_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Wow that is awesome! Can you share the file on that one? I have a brother in law who is a retired SeeBee. What is the #5 in the diamond about?

Goose I will have to send the file by pm because of copyright but the diamond stands for the division he was in

• Like 1

Goose I will have to send the file by pm because of copyright but the diamond stands for the division he was in

Gotcha, I will try and get my sis to figure out which one my Bro-in-law was in and add that in. 

How did you get it that color? We have an engraving machine but I haven't learned a lot about it. How do you color it?

I bought a 5 meter roll on ebay for $9. You can cut it every 3 LED's to seperate it. Runs on 12V

How big is that design and what did you use for masking? It looks pretty detailed.

Excellent!  As is your norm Bob,

Cal

• Like 1

Jay the glass is 8 x 8" and the design is 4 1/2" around. I used Rayzist sr3000 photo mask because I didn't feel like weeding it. Glad you liked it thanks

The Rayzist sr3000 photo mask looks slick.

if you go to a show check it out - really cool stuff and they are always at the nbm shows (along with ikonics - same stuff).   I made a home made exposure unit for it

post-2742-0-22559000-1397232446_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Scott, waiting to see some of you glass work with the photo mask

still waiting myself lol - made it and still haven't done any with it.   another one of those too many irons in the fire deals -mainly I have done etched mugs with vinyl so far and none to your level of work

No problems. About the only time I use it my self is when I do a couple of the same design or a lot of detail. I used to do it all with vinyl but hated weeding more then one of the same thing. I really like all the small detail you can get with the photo resist.

• Like 1

Vermonster I am x-Navy myself. Tin can sailor 70-74 but respect all branches

• Like 2