KDM_Freak

First Ever Decal

So I honestly came from nothing to finally my first cut ... And when i say nothing, I mean nothing I had no idea where to even start .. Little background though on the blade .. For a newbie i got it right the first try it was an amazing feeling .. but anyway sorry for blabbing on like always hahaha heres my first decal a car group sent me .. ( this was cut with sure cuts a lot off a mac book 13" laptop and my brand me titan 1 ) 

post-85848-0-53535200-1397091552_thumb.j

post-85848-0-11713200-1397091557_thumb.j

• Like 3

awesome,  keep the faith, and don't get disappointed if something doesn't go right the first time.  It is all a learning process...

• Like 4

I actually remember my first vinyl cut EVER.   

I cut 3 layers of vinyl (cause I was intrigued in the layering/registration process) the words "I LOVE YOU VAL" and put it on my bathroom mirror so my wife would see it every day when she first woke up and right before going to bed  ;)

what?  I'm a hopeless romantic!

• Like 2

I cut 3 layers of vinyl (cause I was intrigued in the layering/registration process) the words "I LOVE YOU VAL" and put it on my bathroom mirror so my wife would see it every day when she first woke up and right before going to bed   ;)

what?  I'm a hopeless romantic!

right before she said - you are going to clean that off . . . right?

• Like 2

right before she said - you are going to clean that off . . . right?

Actually she said "It needs to be moved over an inch"

• Like 2

here is one a lot tinier and was very ruff on me for weeding .. I did start getting really frustrated after the 5th time but i kept in mind what you all said ... haha

post-85848-0-89059800-1397097893_thumb.j

Way to go! It's an addictive thing. I originally bought my first cutter just to be able to make a few decals for myself and figured maybe I could do enough for others so at least I could pay off my investment. Now without even advertising or trying I pull in a couple hundred a month consistently and much more occasionally. 

KDM_Freak, just an idea for you, when I first started I bought a roll of greenstar from uscutter and just started cutting things to get used to it. The rolls are less than $15 and the experience you gain from practice is well worth it! I haven't been doing vinyl for too long, just under 4 years now so I'm still a newbie, but I sure am glad I took another members advice and practiced a lot before I started getting a lot of orders. No matter how good you think it looks now, in a year or two you'll see one of the first things you cut and you'll be like "man, I really sucked" or maybe not, I did, but then again maybe you will pick up on it quicker. Good luck though, the best advice I can give is to read through these forums and learn from other peoples mistakes!

• Like 2

I cut 3 layers of vinyl (cause I was intrigued in the layering/registration process) the words "I LOVE YOU VAL" and put it on my bathroom mirror so my wife would see it every day when she first woke up and right before going to bed  ;)what?  I'm a hopeless romantic!

That is how relationships last. my wife and I have shared over 46 years and enjoy spending time together and even still like each other LOL

• Like 3

"The school of hard knocks is a WONDERFUL school.... but OMG the TUITION!!"

- Zig Ziglar

I didn't mind the school of hard knocks it the refresher courses that kick my butt!

• Like 3

Thanks for the advice guys ! ... I got a question though converting to vector i got a traced car outline and well what file due i save it as theres one called vector grafix sk1 but when i hit it i need to install a linxus or something ? Im now lost once again ... heres the image ... The image i did not bit trace yet (well i did but i messed up the save process i think cause won't let me post it and say not found)

post-85848-0-01188100-1397318220_thumb.j

KoupSquad...Hmmm. I have one of those. Ever make your way onto forteforums? I know your screen name from somewhere. Anyways cutting is highly addictive as is the many different directions you'll want to go. It's like an array of drugs you want to try each and every one at least once. I started with vinyl signs and decals, now I'm into auto graphics and tinting. My area is saturated with sign shops, but not many good graphics and tint shops. I think I'd rather mess with cars anyways.

IMAG0852_zps123f8904.jpg