Sign in to follow this  
303Decal

MH 871 vs MH 871 MK2

Okay so I don't know where to post this or maybe I just can't find the mh series in the cutters section. Feel free to move.

so I recently purchased a mh 871 mk2 and only put maybe 20-40ft through the machine before accidently breaking the clamp that holds the blade holder in. Anyways, long story short, my uncle had a stock pile of vinyl he gave me along with his old cutter. He had the mh 871.

due to my foolishness and breaking mine a week after I bought it, I'm now using the first generation mh 871 that was given to me and all I can say is I love this machine 100x better then the mk2. I don't know what it is or what's different but its worked out alot better then the newer one.

so my question is, is there any difference in the 2 cutters? Both same size, look the same, more ports, different clamp, and settings but out of the two which one is better?

any input would be awesome, thanks guys and gals

The MH cutter is listed as REFINE brand.

They are manufactured by a company in China.

If you are asking what the Chinese did to "improve" the MH when they went into production with the MK2, that's not information you'll easily obtain, because the Chinese often change things and make them cheaper or less reliable, and call them "new and improved" !!!

Be grateful that you are up and running smoothly, and just move on with your life.

(By the way, if you just replace the snapped clamp, you'll be able to sell that MH cutter on craigslist fairly easily, and you'll discover there's a decent market demand for used ones at a low price)

================

Edited to remove RedSail as the name of the manufacturer ---  I've always used the RedSail cutter drivers for that machine and assumed it was the company name.

DakotaGrafx indicates otherwise, so I defer to his research as being right.

In any case, the point remains the same, Chines manufacturers are inscrutable.

Edited by slice&dice

interesting refine mh series are made in Hefei Anhui China

but redail says made in Shandong, China

from some research

are you sure they are the same?