I love my Graphtec CE5000-60 and wouldn't go back to using anything less unless I had no other choice.

I moved at my "real job" from part-time at Water Pollution Control (fancy name for Sewage Treatment) to full-time at Public Works, which covers sewer maintenance, street repair, electrical, and street signs.  I took a look in their cutting shop, and aside a hundred-zillion dollars worth of high-grade reflective vinyl, they have a Vinyl Express QE54, which is re-branded Graphtec cutter.

If it's good enough to do all the street signs and city government vehicles for an entire town, then isn't a Graphtec what you should be using in your shop?

These opinions do not necessarily reflect the owners and operators of this station.  Your mileage may vary.  Ask your doctor if advice from a random stranger on an internet forum is right for you...

• Like 2

David (Ext 7055 I think if I remember his number correctly) was telling me about it Thursday.  

Guess he didn't tell anyone else.   :-\    I hope you got that in writing...  So are they going to sell used cutters now? 

UsCutter has the ce5000 On special for $1349.00 with $100.00 store credit for supplys that makes it $1249.00 o http://uscutter.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=35992fed12ab3e8e0c57eba4e&id=9f33dede56&e=e0729b02bf one heck of a deal

UsCutter has the ce5000 On special for $1349.00 with $100.00 store credit for supplys that makes it $1249.00 o http://uscutter.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=35992fed12ab3e8e0c57eba4e&id=9f33dede56&e=e0729b02bf one heck of a deal

add the media basket for another $415.

Guess he didn't tell anyone else. :-\ I hope you got that in writing... So are they going to sell used cutters now?

Signwarehouse has offered the buyback program on upgrades for a good while.. I dont know what they do with the old cutters maybe an occasional sidewalk sale or something. It mostly gives someone the chance to buy a cheaper starter cutter and upgrade without losing all of thier original investment. Would make sense for Uscutter to offer a similar program .....if they do.

• Like 2

add the media basket for another $415.

I have never used a basket they look like they would help keep dust off your cut vinyl.

And yes, they do sell refurbished machines...

http://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-Machines

Yes, we know they sell refurbs,  have for a long time, but they were returns, that could not be sold for new,,,not a cutter that was traded in a year later.  Problem with it, the first time, so returned, then cannot be sold for new.

I apologize for the confusion here, however our warranty policy is as stated. That said, I would like to note that we are human and we pride ourselves on providing quality customer service. We do our best to treat every situation as its own. If a vinyl cutter is just not working out for a customer, we do our best within reason to ensure we can assist them in finding a better vinyl cutter so long as they are in the warranty period. The 20% restocking fee may vary based upon the condition of the vinyl cutter and time from the end of the warranty.

As an example, lets say a person buys an MH vinyl cutter and 2 1/2 months into the warranty is having issues cutting stencil material. They realize they need a vinyl cutter that can cut thicker materials. Even though most companies would ignore this, our flexible policy allows us to work on a case by case situation and help the customer find a suitable resolution. 

It's likely that in this case we would have the customer pay for the shipping of the vinyl cutter, a 30% restocking fee (for extensive use), and then allow them to upgrade to something along the lines of a Copam or above as this makes the most sense. 

If a customer buys the same MH and waits until the last day of their warranty period with absolutely no reason to upgrade the vinyl cutter except that they want an SC vinyl cutter, our warranty policy will not cover it. 

Our warranty policy was designed to protect our customers from receiving defective equipment. Our warranty policy does not cover upgrades for perfectly working thoroughly used equipment.
  • Like 3

Yes,  that is what I thought it was.   I have never heard it any other way..  Of course they will help you with a bad cutter.    Thanks for the answer. davidb

• Like 2