ewen.jamie

Cant get my cutter to cut!?!?!?

So I just recieved my Creation the other day.  I uploaded everything, Signblazer is working great, but when I try to cut, I get a message everytime that says, "cannot open the output device. Error initializing cutter".  I have done the whole thing with setting signblazer up to COM1 which is what my computer says it is using.  Im pretty frustrated as I feel I have read everything and tried everythign and nothing is making this thing move!!! All I hope is that it is just me and not some technical problem.  HELP this blondy out!

So I seem to have figured out that Ken is the guy to get a job done...so Ken, my new best friend, if you get a chance, will you call me?  435-790-1598, I have a feeling it will be quicker than me checking to see if you responded to me every two seconds....

Alright, new problem?  So I changed from USB to serial port which I had already tried once with the same response from the computer....but this time i did it it said that it was sending out put to the cutter......but still no cutting happened!  It didnt even pretend to move.  Is this a joke?  Doesnt this thing know how badly I want to cut stuff!!!!!!

Ok, I feel as though I have done everything that those posts have said.  I've changed my device manager thingy on Com1 to hardware, same as SB...I know Im still missing something though?  Still same response from cutter...none.  ;)

Could not get the Serial connection to work so we tried the USB. When it was plugged in, it showed up in Other Devices, not Ports....and it had a yellow splat on it which means the drivers are not completely installed. Got the New Hardware wizard as well, which is another tell tale sign that the driver is not installed, so I had her make sure the blue Creation driver disk was in her CD-Rom drive, and installed the drivers. Once installed, the USB showed up in the Ports category as it should, and was assigned COM3. Set SignBlazer to COM3, and away she went.

;)

YEAH!!!! Thank you so much Ken!!!  Absolutly great customer service.  Makes me confident in my cutter knowing the support behind it is so easily acessible.