KDM_Freak

Got My Titan Yesterday

Had time today to set the stand up and get the plotter on it ... Grounded it with the wire that comes on the titan .. NOW the hard part ( i put the ink pen in for testing reasons i guess & did not put any blades which in cause i have no idea what color or degree blades to use ) .. But thats not even the hard part Im going to download sure cuts a lot while i wait for people to help, but when I'm done downloading what the heck do i do it came with no directions the ones on the website don't tell me anything to do at all and I'm already frustrated due to the fact that the stand they have posted is not the stand I just built .. someone please help ! ( here are some pics for idea reasons ) I refuse to plug in cause I'm nervous i took off a tie wrap on the blade holder i believe ) 

post-85848-0-77063500-1396735809_thumb.j

post-85848-0-82542900-1396735817_thumb.j

post-85848-0-42741200-1396735821_thumb.j

Your SCAL3Pro disk should have been packaged with the cutter, you  activation code is affixed to the cd pouch. It is fairly straight forward setting it up. For most things a 45deg blade will work fine the 60deg is for very small cuts and thicker material, some people use 60s all the time it will work just fine. I feel your pain with the stand, USCutter stands are a notorious PIA to assemble because the instructions are in "Chinglish"  take it easy and breathe most everyone in here will help you!

I refuse to plug in cause I'm nervous i took off a tie wrap on the blade holder i believe

The zip-tie was most likely just to hold the cutting head in place during shipping.

• Like 1

SCALP Wont even install .. lol jesus I been reading about how not to get annoyed but seems nothing goes right starting off

• Like 1

thank you that worked. its all done installing and now don't know what to do .. Do i move the pin rollers or blade holder .. i put the ink pen in but have not turned it on yet

I just got my Titan 2 and I'm kinda in the same boat.  Lots to figure out, really lacking instructions.  However I've used SCAL2 before and SCALP loaded just fine for me.  So now I'm trying to figure out all the settings on the Titan.  I swear it took me forever to move the pinch rollers as I didn't want to snap anything. 

I Just pushed mine I hope thats how your suppose to -_-

I just got my Titan 2 and I'm kinda in the same boat.  Lots to figure out, really lacking instructions.  However I've used SCAL2 before and SCALP loaded just fine for me.  So now I'm trying to figure out all the settings on the Titan.  I swear it took me forever to move the pinch rollers as I didn't want to snap anything. 

Cant even install my titan in sure cuts a lot pro 3 there is no cutter option for it and i downloaded the drivers and when i hook it up nothing happens i restarted my mac and all ... I already give up lol NO IDEA what the hell I'm doing please help I'm trying to look each of my questions up and can't find nothing on titans at all  :angry:

I think you might be the first one with a mac to install one - I installed the titan2 on a pc with no problems after downloading the drivers and scalp..  I think john did the same thing

The cutter I used in SCALP was; SAC720II

I got that info from my box and packing list.

....Any chance that's what you're looking for KDM

Yes I did and I also downloaded the stand instructions and user manual both of which were very helpful.

You're getting wound up and probably need to breathe deep 10 times. LOL relax....I know you got a new toy and it's like Christmas when dad bought a foosball table that wasn't assembled. You happened to pick the newest model that just came out so unfortunately you may be a guinea pig to some extent. If you have not found a driver for it yet you might try a generic driver to at least get it moving. There should be some basic drivers that will be named generic HPGL and may even be several generic options. Most all the plotters use the same essential language with minor tweaks for individual machines. I'm not savvy enough to have a clue other than just the basic concept.  If you made it through the instructions on assembling the stand (Chipperi called it chinglish I call it Engrish) then you are half way through the tough stuff ha ha. Like Dakota said you are probably the very first to hook up to a mac. Look at the bright side, you will soon be the resident expert on mac to Titan drivers on the forum!

I'm flipping you some crap but I feel your pain. It would come on a weekend when you probably can't get any tech help either, other than us yahoo's who really don't know what the heck to tell you. Sorry. 

• Like 1

You're getting wound up and probably need to breathe deep 10 times. LOL relax....I know you got a new toy and it's like Christmas when dad bought a foosball table that wasn't assembled. You happened to pick the newest model that just came out so unfortunately you may be a guinea pig to some extent. If you have not found a driver for it yet you might try a generic driver to at least get it moving. There should be some basic drivers that will be named generic HPGL and may even be several generic options. Most all the plotters use the same essential language with minor tweaks for individual machines. I'm not savvy enough to have a clue other than just the basic concept.  If you made it through the instructions on assembling the stand (Chipperi called it chinglish I call it Engrish) then you are half way through the tough stuff ha ha. Like Dakota said you are probably the very first to hook up to a mac. Look at the bright side, you will soon be the resident expert on mac to Titan drivers on the forum!

I'm flipping you some crap but I feel your pain. It would come on a weekend when you probably can't get any tech help either, other than us yahoo's who really don't know what the heck to tell you. Sorry. 

lol wellsaid very well said .. i apologize i was just hoping to do my first cut but looks like after work and school monday i will have more time to mess around 

The most current version of SCALP available for Download contains the drivers for the Titan series.

The most current version of SCALP available for Download contains the drivers for the Titan series.

He said nothing for Mac...  So I gave him the Craftedge  website  where it has the Mac drivers

SCALP is both PC and Mac. You have to install the right one. IN the mac version if Titan isn't listed...the SAGA drivers will work.

• Like 1

He said nothing for Mac...  So I gave him the Craftedge  website  where it has the Mac drivers

i downloaded it again and still nothing about drivers .. 

i downloaded it again and still nothing about drivers .. 

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. When you open SCALP and set up the cutter just chose your model. SAGA should be on the list the model numbers are the same as the Titan.

SCALP is both PC and Mac. You have to install the right one. IN the mac version if Titan isn't listed...the SAGA drivers will work.

So I got it .. Test pen worked amazing .. I did a text of what i want my little home business to be name and i stopped it mid cut cause it put a "play" like on a remote symbol on it and got scared i did something wrong heres a pic :]

post-85848-0-85133600-1396750646_thumb.j

did you try a test cut (the image) and forget to advance the paper before you did the text? That's what it looks like. I have done it

• Like 1