KDM_Freak

Got My Titan Yesterday

I might have not given it enough paper but i don't know how to read the plotter i have the vinyl all the way to the right cause when i first turned it on it didn't scan the whole 24" so i just put the vinyl where the pen was .. and i saw no test cut image i went right to cut and it did this .. no test cut from anywhere i see in SCALP

did you try a test cut (the image) and forget to advance the paper before you did the text? That's what it looks like. I have done it

I might have not given it enough paper but i don't know how to read the plotter i have the vinyl all the way to the right cause when i first turned it on it didn't scan the whole 24" so i just put the vinyl where the pen was .. and i saw no test cut image i went right to cut and it did this .. no test cut from anywhere i see in SCALP

That triangle inside the square is the test you do directly from the cutter. Nothing to do with Scalp. Maybe you just pushed the wrong button

At least you are up and running so you have the rest of the weekend to get dialed.  :thumbsup: The pen tool is worth using for a while until you can figure out the main functions. You should be able to insert you paper and then manually move the cutting head so the pen is over in the lower right side just inside the pinch roller and with about 1/2" out past the pen. THen there should be a button to zero the coordinates on the on the cutter manually so it is still where you just placed it. 

Once you get it to where you can input something and have it draw it out then you might try rotating and mirroring etc. Next step is to get the pen out and the blade in and get your blade depth set and then your pressure. Blade depth so you can barely see it at all and run it by hand over a piece of loose vinyl to see if it will cut all the way through the vinyl but not the paper backing. Some say the holder should touch the vinyl, I don't think it should personally but you don't want any more blade out than you need and most vinyl is only 2 or 3 mil thick. For pressure, set it light to start with and work into things until you figure out enough to cut the vinyl and just scratch the carrier sheet. 

So cmon... you cut anything yet? Living vicariously through others till my plotter gets here. :)

How's it working?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Vermonster" data-cid="352797" data-time="1396929184"><p>

So cmon... you cut anything yet? Living vicariously through others till my plotter gets here. :)How's it working?</p></blockquote>

I have not yet keep using the test pen as of now .. I work and go to school and this weekend worked both days .. tomorrow I will finally put the blade in and really start messing around .. but I must say I love the titan its great and for a first timer I couldnt be more happier with my pick I paid alot for a noobie but I know down the line I will continue being happy with it plus it works amazing with my mac

Ugh I had all the same issues.... actually using it without my stand because I could't find instructions.... Finally figuring it out and I've had this about a month.....

Ugh I had all the same issues.... actually using it without my stand because I could't find instructions.... Finally figuring it out and I've had this about a month.....

I bet that was annoying to the extreme. Glad to hear your getting it going. With that new of a cutter it will take a little while to figure out the details. The other models have been around long enough that people have had time to sort through the hangups at start-up. When I bought my first cutter there were issues here and there with connectivity or in most cases my own ignorance of how it was supposed to work. If you are a complete newbie there is a lot to take in and it can be overwhelming at times. 

As Banner John STATED above you can download the stand instructions and user manual from the site. Almost any product you can think of has downloadable manuals and instructions nowadays

• Like 1

about the only thing complicated in the stand assembly is the long part of the feet goes back - other than that it was pretty straight forward

about the only thing complicated in the stand assembly is the long part of the feet goes back - other than that it was pretty straight forward

I mostly look at instructions after I have completed assembleing something or if I hit a snag but then I assemble and build and install for a living I suppose that makes it second nature but you can get instructions foe assembley or installation of most any thing these days on line even how to replace parts on autos step by step on u tube.

• Like 2

For the Titan to appear in the US Cutter List download  SCALP 3.059 - they appear in that version.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the titan 2 from my lp1 I have. Before the lp 1 I had a mh721 now I'm ready to upgrade to something quiet. Got to save up

I'm thinking of upgrading to the titan 2 from my lp1 I have. Before the lp 1 I had a mh721 now I'm ready to upgrade to something quiet. Got to save up

You will be amazed at the difference and I am not kidding.

You will be amazed at the difference and I am not kidding.

from a former skeptic?

NEWBIE question but I just got my Titan yesterday. It came with no instructions and I had to dig for a Mac version of Sure Cuts A Lot as the "check for updates" wasn't working on the CD shipped to me. Anyway, after a somewhat annoying set up, I have gotten the computer to communicate and the cutter now "cuts." Although it's a trainwreck currently. The rollers dig into my vinyl something serious. Is there a way to adjust these so they don't rip the vinyl as it is going back and forth making the cuts? Also it looks like the middle roller SHOULD adjust, but I don't want to break something. The vinyl bubbles and ripples and doesn't lay flat as it cuts. Also, the cutter is cuts slap through the vinyl. What are your recommended "general" settings for vinyl? I'm using DuraGloss if that makes any difference.

I know these are all user error, but I can't find any documentation about this cutter. The set up video is "private" on USCutter.com. It looks like a fantastic cutter but this is getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be sure and set up your blade depth right off the bat or you may break your tip. It should just barely be out. 

Take the blade holder out of the cutter and use a piece of scrap to adjust it close. There is an old article somewhere that says to go about 1/2 of a credit card WHICH IS WAY TOO MUCH. You should not really be able to see it with the naked eye. I have to hold mine up to a light to see the point. If you drag it across the scrap piece with a decent pressure it should cut through the vinyl and just put a good scratch in the carrier. Once you get the length about there then put it back in the machine and start working your way up from a light pressure setting until you get a clean cut with a light scratch on the carrier without being able to feel the cut from the back side.

I don't own a Titan so can't help you with the pinch roller question. You typically cut INSIDE the pinch rollers and the material that goes through them is wasted. If it is pinching so hard that the vinyl is getting torn up or scrunched up then there is something wrong for sure but a "track" in it may be normal. It is for my machine. 

NEWBIE question but I just got my Titan yesterday. It came with no instructions and I had to dig for a Mac version of Sure Cuts A Lot as the "check for updates" wasn't working on the CD shipped to me. Anyway, after a somewhat annoying set up, I have gotten the computer to communicate and the cutter now "cuts." Although it's a trainwreck currently. The rollers dig into my vinyl something serious. Is there a way to adjust these so they don't rip the vinyl as it is going back and forth making the cuts? Also it looks like the middle roller SHOULD adjust, but I don't want to break something. The vinyl bubbles and ripples and doesn't lay flat as it cuts. Also, the cutter is cuts slap through the vinyl. What are your recommended "general" settings for vinyl? I'm using DuraGloss if that makes any difference.

I know these are all user error, but I can't find any documentation about this cutter. The set up video is "private" on USCutter.com. It looks like a fantastic cutter but this is getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pinch rollers must be over the grit rollers as marked by the white bars on the front of the machine - if not you will have trouble as you described.   this goes for almost all cutters not just the titan.