chipperi

Trying to expand my exposure

Trying to expand my exposure, I am now set up on Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, instagram, E-Bay, Etsy, and Craigslist. Hopefully this will draw in some traffic. So far the only one pissing me off is Craigslist, with people flagging my ads, and wanting something for nothing...geesh I thought an 18x24 coraplast 1 color on both sides for $18 was pretty fair.

$18 is what I get for that size in the store. Just can't please some people even if you gave it to them.

Now if you charged $36, but had a 50% off sale, they would be licking the glass.  :P 

• Like 9

Make sure you post in the proper category on CL.

Not "Business: For Sale" (tangible items) --- you'll get flagged outta there quick with your Signs.

• Like 1

I use t shirts!  I make shirts with funny sayings etc.... something that is going to get people to chuckle or draw a comment out of them.  Then when they make a comment I say "Thanks, I make custom shirts" Then point to my info on the back of my shirt.  They always read it out loud.  Now I am ingrained in their memory!

This doesn't always work on everyone so I am thinking about a new shirt that I hope will fill in the gap.... It will simply say "I make custom shirts!"

I also thought about going to opening day here at the little league park (4 fields in one complex) and just walking around with a tshirt with my name and number that says "I make parent shirts"  However, I got so snowed under this year with ball shirts, I didn't need the shirt this time.

Been listing in general merchandise for sale...

There's your mistake, right there.

It's a funny thing, craigslist.

The community members have long ago decided (and they did this independently, and not in collusion) that business ads (like yours) are unwelcome advertising within the For Sale section at all.

Sure, there are tons of such ads, and many are flagged off.

Your signs more appropriately belong within the SERVICES category.

(In my humble opinion)

• Like 2

Hey you know what they say about opinions.....but I will certainly try. :)  I just need to get the word out so people see my other outlets. I have no problem with shameless self promotion..

• Like 1

Don't be in such a hurry to kill yourself. Do a good job at a reasonable price and business will follow. It only took me 4 years of working my ass off to end up in the hospital with my chest slit open.

• Like 6

I advertise in for sale and crafts and a few other categories and have never had an ad flagged. Guess it depends on the people in your area.

• Like 1

Everybody says have a Niche so I do mainly 2nd amendment/political stuff, I was posting a bunch of anti "Safe Act" and anti Cuomo decals in the NY Craigslist. Either the liberals didn't like it, or they thought that me being in TN using Paypal was a scam.

• Like 1

Cl is supposed to be for local business and there are a bunch of people who will flag you if they see you are out of the area. I'm not one of those people but they exist and some hang out on here.

Everybody says have a Niche so I do mainly 2nd amendment/political stuff, I was posting a bunch of anti "Safe Act" and anti Cuomo decals in the NY Craigslist. Either the liberals didn't like it, or they thought that me being in TN using Paypal was a scam.

Off topic, but that reminds me of online customers who call me because they don't want to enter their info into one of my paypal invoices, so they call in with their info...and I run it on paypal. lol, people amaze me, I mean who hasn't heard of paypal these days?

Off topic, but that reminds me of online customers who call me because they don't want to enter their info into one of my paypal invoices, so they call in with their info...and I run it on paypal. lol, people amaze me, I mean who hasn't heard of paypal these days?

I have a physical store and still get the occasional person who'd rather go to an atm than let me swipe their card. To each their own as long as they pay.

I have yet to use my paypal card reader or square reader...but soon. And i cant wait for the customer that says he/she doesnt want me to swipe their card thru my phone..lol.

Hows it any different than a card reader on a register thats hooked up to a phone/internet line to go thru the whole "electronic" system...lol.

I use the square all the time. It works good and they get to authorize it with a signature on my iphone and then I email or text them a receipt. 

• Like 2

I did away with traditional merchant card setup for square a year ago and most people are very receptive because they see them on tv all the time but there's always going to be someone who doesn't trust new technology like the internet and cordless phones and other evils of the modern world.

I don't trust electric can openers.

You too. It's getting hard to find a decent hand one.

• Like 1