Sign in to follow this  
jammoresigns

how to cut outside dimensions of sign

Cutting rubber with the copam 2500 to blast house numbers and I setup the workspace to the outside dimensions of the piece to be blasted thinking this would be a cutline so I can cover the stone in one piece of rubber, peel out the letters and blast. When I go to cutter it cuts close to the letters and I have to piece together the surrounding exposed stone. How do I make an outside cutline to the full sign dimension, sometimes just a rectangle and sometimes an arched top ? I have used the border tool but that cuts two lines,wastes blade and dosent arc. Thanks for this great forum  Jim

Take your rectangle and position the number where you want it to be. Use different colors so you can see what's happening.

Use the "Square" button to create your rectangle. You can change the exact dimensions of the rectangle by using the object size boxes towards the bottom of the screen. Un-check "keep proportional" if needed.

Align > Center Horizontally & Center Vertically

Arrange > Weld > Punch Through

Click and drag the rectangle away from the numbers, delete the numbers. Now you are left with a rectangle with the numbers punched out and it is ready to cut.

Thanks I have the general idea but dont see how to make the rectangle or letters a color  I do see color manage and picker but these dont seem to be what you mean  In tools I only see one option "send"  Should have mentioned trial version  Think I'm almost there! Thanks pshawny

The trial version may have a size limitation. 

If you draw a line there (box like sphawny said) even if it doesn't have any color or the same color as the rest it should show up and expand your cut area.