Sign in to follow this  
rich18

Cut DIRECTLY from COREL on MH MK2

I just received (2) MH-721 MK2  cutters.

I did NOT like the SCAL and worked hard to find another answer .

( I have had (3)  721 MK1 cutters that are getting rather crotchety , and 1000 Corel files in my business environment. )

SO ... after trying all the drivers I could find .. I discovered that the MH MK2 driver on the USCUTTERS download section works PERFECTLY on my XP's ...

Here is the setup tips ....

* convert text / shapes to curves

* eliminate all FILLS

* convert outlines  ( black ) to HAIRLINES

* go to FILE / PRINT and select the USCUTTERS printer driver

( THIS is where it gets a bit tricky )

* in PROPERTIES select 941mm x 2000 mm / portrait orientation ( which is 32 " x 79 " )

*  NOW ... go to LAYOUT ....upper line in the PRINT box .... 

* select ... PRINT TILED PAGES .... option , and REPOSITION IMAGES TO ... ( Top Left Corner )

* check the SCALE FACTOR and verify that it is 100% .... mine seems to jump around sometimes.

* go to PRINT PREVIEW ... nudge the image into top left corner if needed ...... and ...

C U T !

So far I have had perfect cuts .... Hope this helps you as well !

Richard / A-1 Quik Signs .. and

SignTrainer.com

Sign Training Videos for Beginners

Woodruff, SC

• Like 2

After 2 days of constant usage of MH MK2 driver to cut DIRECTLY out of Corel 13, I discovered the following ...

You do not really need to reset the size ( in the driver properties ) to 941 by 2000.

It seems to default to 941 by 800 , or so, which works out just fine as long as you select the TILING option on the LAYOUT screen.

Vertical orientation works fine .. Horizontal seems weird.

The 100% setting in LAYOUT has not jumped around like I previously stated.. at least not SO FAR !

I did notice that as I attempted SMALL letters ( 1 inch or so ) , the centers of the A's - B's - O's were harder to pull out, and the other letters had a SNAP to them during weeding.

Normally, this is a result of too much blade, but I could not get it to clear up.

It is not a real bad problem, but is a bit annoying. I suspect to be a part of the driver's makeup.

I did also have some difficulty installing the MH MK2  / USCUTTER driver on my second machine .... same version of XP - same Dell model same everything, as far as I can see.

You do have to connect the USB to the cutter and power ON, before the driver will activate at all.

It took me 8-10 times to get it to install. No error messages .. just no install.

I have no idea what caused the final installation to be successful...I believe I extracted the driver the same way each time ... but in my frustration, perhaps I did SOMETHING different, that was the correct mistake to make.

I am happy with  this arrangement, and hope this thread helps others to do the same.

SignTrainer.com

Woodruff, SC

I may have stated the 941 mm  number , incorrectly.

I am not in front of my work computers right now, but that does not sound correct .

SignTrainer.com

Woodruff, SC

Sounds like a whole lotta baloney to deal with... You know there is other cutter software out there besides SCAL, right?

I did notice that as I attempted SMALL letters ( 1 inch or so ) , the centers of the A's - B's - O's were harder to pull out, and the other letters had a SNAP to them during weeding.

Could this be due to lack of overlap in the cuts?

JUST AN UPDATE ................

I could not get my previous ProTrainer / SIGNTRAINER  ID to work , so I had to create a new account.

Anyway .... I still use the driver mentioned in the first post, and it works just fine.

Every so often, I have to turn off the power on the cutter(s) and turn back on to get the newest file to cut, but not too often, and certainly a better option than any OTHER one I have found.

Richard / SignTrainer.comphoto-thumb-19895.jpg?_r=1396813865

JUST AN UPDATE ................

I could not get my previous ProTrainer / SIGNTRAINER  ID to work , so I had to create a new account.

Anyway .... I still use the driver mentioned in the first post, and it works just fine.

Every so often, I have to turn off the power on the cutter(s) and turn back on to get the newest file to cut, but not too often, and certainly a better option than any OTHER one I have found.

Richard / SignTrainer.comphoto-thumb-19895.jpg?_r=1396813865

Are you using this on a Windows 7 machine? If yes, which OS version ( and is it 32bit or 64bit)?

Are you using this on a Windows 7 machine? If yes, which OS version ( and is it 32bit or 64bit)?

This person has not been on here since  Jun 04 2015 ,  They want you to go to their website... 

I personally use Flexistarter on all of our vinyl cutters,, Never have problems,  great cutting software.

This person has not been on here since  Jun 04 2015 ,  They want you to go to their website... 

I personally use Flexistarter on all of our vinyl cutters,, Never have problems,  great cutting software.

Good idea. FYI, Mz Skeeter, I have also taken up your advice to get a Keyspan Adapter and a Null Modem Cable for my Copam 2500. Though some software works fine with it, some just doesn't no matter what I try. The more I dig on here, the more I think Copam's have USB chip problems. Oh, and I would buy FlexiStarter in a flash if I could afford it now but our Canadian dollar is worth almost half of what it once was and where something once cost $399USD now costs $559CAD (before shipping and duties). So I have to be mindful of what I buy.

Good idea. FYI, Mz Skeeter, I have also taken up your advice to get a Keyspan Adapter and a Null Modem Cable for my Copam 2500. Though some software works fine with it, some just doesn't no matter what I try. The more I dig on here, the more I think Copam's have USB chip problems. Oh, and I would buy FlexiStarter in a flash if I could afford it now but our Canadian dollar is worth almost half of what it once was and where something once cost $399USD now costs $559CAD (before shipping and duties). So I have to be mindful of what I buy.

I never paid even close to $399 for Flexistarter. New .$99..FREE ship,  and have picked up used  for between $50-70   2 different times... Flexistarter 10 with USB dongle  on EBAY

How much are these in your money?   The one with the USB dongle would be better over the cloud version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexi-10-Vinyl-Plotter-Cutter-Cutting-Software-Flexi-Starter-SAI-Windows-PC-/350783189497?hash=item51ac4eb1f9:g:K6QAAOSwg3FUfUBo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Flexistarter-10-Cloud-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-best-Contour-Cutting-software-/251518011978?hash=item3a8fa44a4a:g:SE4AAMXQNo5TXye1

AU $199.99 to canadian = 197.47 CAD + about $27 CAD  for shipping ($29 AU) = ~$224.47. There might even be duties tacked on at the border for another $25 or so...Government needs their pockets filled too.

US $159.00 = $224.10 CAD. That one is a download edition so no shipping or duties. Best price I've seen on FlexiStarter.

FYI, the price I posted above was for my SignGo Pro dongle edition - I forgot to specify which software I was using. The $399 USD is what they advertise on their own website for cost. Ebay has them for cheaper by about $100 USD, which still works out to a hefty $393.27 CAD.

For these crazy initial costs on software, Signblazer looks better and better every day...at least until you can break even from paid completed jobs.

If you can snag used or cheaper then you've just got yourself a sweet side business. Us Canadians are held over the barrel on software prices and anything imported from the USA these days. Not kidding...the price difference is brutal.