Sign in to follow this  
Rdaniel

Sorry for asking a dumb question.

I am sure this has been answered before but how do you re-size an Image in SCALP pro?  Also a friend tells me he cuts his stencils twice at a lower pressure to save wear and tear on his machine. I just got a MH-721 and I'm new to cutting stencils for airbrushing. Any help would be appreciated.

Can't help with the SCALP querry but one answer to the  "cut-twice question" would be, "It depends on what you are cutting."

If you are producing re-usable stencils out of say, sand blast material, then cutting twice is a good idea.

Otherwise, regular vinyl, HTV, etc, I wouldn't recommend it. I'll stick my neck out further,

stipulating that it may even be harder on the plotter.

What type mask or stencils are you working with? The Oracal 810 and 811 work well for one-use too.

To resize, simply click on lower right corner and drag. Or you can click on image and go over to the properties window and manually type in what size you want.

So be sure to check the box to keep the SVG file in proportion with height and width unless to want customize the shape of it. To create exact replacement size you can input exact measurements as mentioned.

• Like 1

One more thing I might mention. Cutting twice comes with risk. The slightest movement of the cut stencil could ruin your stencil on the second cut. My advice is to increase pressure and blade depth and test accordingly.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone. I am an almost totaly rookie and making reusable stencils of of SSB and still trying to learn th software. I have struggled all week trying to figure out how to delete a portion of path while still maintaining the remainder of the line. There are several spots I need to do this so that the stencil holds together as one piece. Pardon my bad typing. I have hand tremors and sometimes double tap the key.

Just use Inkscape to draw and then import the draiwing into SCALP.  SCALP is good cutting software but not so good on the design portion.

If you can just make non-reusable stencils out of vinyl for your airbrushing.  Vinyl  material is very inexpensive and easy to cut multiple stencils quickly.  I quit trying to make reusable stencils shortly after I got my vinyl cutter.  Basicly I thought the holy grail was reuasble stencils.  But now it's much easier and produces better results to have straight up vinyl stencils.

Scott

• Like 2

1 more thing to remember when your resizing, if you are going to draw your box around it and grab the corner to resize then you must also hold down the shift key in order to keep your proportions correct.

Donn