blowndeadline

Sure Cuts A Lot Saving files

I have been using graphic software for almost 12 years now. When you save it's saved. When you close a file it's closed and start a new project. I can't tell you how many times I have closed a file and started a new one then saved but it overwrites the recently closed file!

Kinda frustrating to say the least.

In most graphic applications when you start a new project a new project window opens. In SCAL, the same name is there and when you hit save it will overwrite your project and now your work is gone. I have had to redo a dozen files simply due to the odd ball way SCAL saves and starts new projects. When you close a layout window in every other app the window is closed but the app is still open allowing you to create a new workspace. In SCAL, the entire program closes.

It's a functional program but opening, saving and creating new projects is kinda poorly done.

Just venting!

Mike

• Like 1

The thing is you have to be careful when you open or create a new file, if you don't save you will overwrite the existing file. Guess I'm just trying to say that SCAL doesn't "act" like 99% of every other graphic application!

I have been using graphic software for almost 12 years now. When you save it's saved. When you close a file it's closed and start a new project. I can't tell you how many times I have closed a file and started a new one then saved but it overwrites the recently closed file!

Kinda frustrating to say the least.

In most graphic applications when you start a new project a new project window opens. In SCAL, the same name is there and when you hit save it will overwrite your project and now your work is gone. I have had to redo a dozen files simply due to the odd ball way SCAL saves and starts new projects. When you close a layout window in every other app the window is closed but the app is still open allowing you to create a new workspace. In SCAL, the entire program closes.

It's a functional program but opening, saving and creating new projects is kinda poorly done.

Just venting!

Mike

My version of SCAL3 3.053 defaults to NO to save when exiting. I also can "save as" prior to exiting and not overright original work by changing the filename.

Hi Mike! 

I have been using Sure Cuts for about 6 months, and I never had this problem until recently. At first I had several files that part was missing, and the last two I created were completely gone when I opened them back up. Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent this? Thanks so much!!

I think I have got a fix. Whenever I am done with a file, I close down the program and save, then reopen to  start a new one. I think that the problem was happening when I was opening a new file just after working on another, without closing the program. Something to try anyway. :) Thanks!!!