nogoslo

first try with inkscape

here is a hero card I made for my son to hand out while his go karts were on display at the local mall only had a issue with printing format when I got to staples and lost the text effects I had but let me know what everyone one thinks

post-21283-0-09341300-1396454212_thumb.p

post-21283-0-16236400-1396454244_thumb.j

I agree, the font is not the best if you are trying to convey a message

I have to agree with Go-C, I like the look and feel of it, but the font is too hard to read.

One trick with inkscape and/or illustrator if you can't get your text effects to come out properly, after you design your card or whatever,

just make it a hi-res flattened JPG and then there's really not much you can lose.

This is especially effective if you have GIMP/Photoshop, import your vector file at 300dpi to photoshop and then create jpg and your graphic will come out near perfect.

can't read it. after I saw that I couldn't read the first few words....I gave up trying. I'd assume that's probably what everyone else is doing as well. Great idea, bad delivery.

• Like 1

Less is more, a little too much going on. It is very "busy". Like the others said, it is pretty hard to read. Probably even still to hard to read even if you had not lost the text effects. Personally, I would also consider changing the background color. That go-kart is kind of hard to pick out in there.

I'm not real up on all the details with Inkscape but you probably have to convert the text to lines and curves to keep the text effects. I agree with the others that it is super difficult to read. That is a cool looking font but I seriously had to concentrate for like a minute to figure out what it was even saying. You could probably get the same cool effect by using a different font and then adding in some fancy scroll effects that would still give that overall effect. Not bad for a first try in any vector program though. They are all a little frustrating at first. 

I know I'm a little late to the game, I agree the font is bad, red over black doesn't help either. Try cuting out the pictures of the cart instead of using the paint brush to fill in the background it will give a much cleaner look, you can then drop them over ant background you choose and play around until yo find one hat looks good.

been playing more on inkscape with I think I may start to have it but still looking for videos or something to learn a lil more with it

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the example you posted is a raster (pixel/bitmap) image?

Inkscape's not the greatest graphics program for those types of images.

Photoshop or it's Free Cousin, Gimp, would be much more suitable for images bound for print.