Both of my media rollers are bent on my new 6000-60. Not severely but enough to cause the media roll to sort of stall and then quickly move forward as it meets and rolls past the bent area. I noticed this the first time I used the machine after the rep set it up. Anyone else see this issue?

I'm pretty sure this could cause problems and unnecessary wear on the machine down the road. The rollers are just light gauge tubing so do I....

1) remove and straighten them myself?

2) leave them alone as it is a normal characteristic? (doubtful)

3) call the rep and warranty new rollers?

If It was me...I would do number 3. Since it is a new machine I wouldn't want to work on it and void my warranty.

Butch

Mine are bent as well. Your not supposed to let the machine pull the material off the rollers. Your supposed to unroll enough material for the job before you start cutting. 

new machine I would probably call if a small tweak didn't straighten them -  not sure on that machine but the ce-5000 uses a thin walled stainless tubing 

Heard of bent rollers on several ce-5000's and never heard of it causing a problem.

There have been a few posts on here about that... mine also had bent rollers

The problem is they don't stay straight even after being fixed the material is just to thin

They have not caused any problems so far

MM64

My new Graphtec did the same thing right out of the box. 

It shouldn't cause a problem because your machine shouldn't be pulling it from the roll. 

AHH YES....I will make sure I pull enough off of the roll for the job....Thx

So in other words new replacements could be bent when they arrive or shortly there after. Might as well try to straighten these for now and look for some solid stock to replace them with. I know it's not the most expensive plotter around but it is a lot of money to me and I guess I just like things to run straight and true. If the media rollers can not support the MEDIA then they are worthless and should be improved. My OCD hates things like this....Damn value engineering!

Maybe your next upgrade could be to a FC model,  much larger, sturdier,  media rollers...  ;D   The whole machine is sturdier. and bigger. 

• Like 1

Last stand I bought I actually ordered heavier rollers . . . They still bend easy.

AHH YES....I will make sure I pull enough off of the roll for the job....Thx

So in other words new replacements could be bent when they arrive or shortly there after. Might as well try to straighten these for now and look for some solid stock to replace them with. I know it's not the most expensive plotter around but it is a lot of money to me and I guess I just like things to run straight and true. If the media rollers can not support the MEDIA then they are worthless and should be improved. My OCD hates things like this....Damn value engineering!

Solid stock will bend eaiser then tubing... heavier wall tubing would be better or another small tube that just fits inside that one

MM64 B) 

• Like 1

Maybe the CE5000 -60  I got for my son was better, cause his rollers are fine,,  and he has been using it for 2 years .  He uses 50 yd rolls on them,  no problems.

Maybe the CE5000 -60  I got for my son was better, cause his rollers are fine,,  and he has been using it for 2 years .  He uses 50 yd rolls on them,  no problems.

his were packaged well but if he dropped a new 50yrd sideways they would bend a little - not bad but it happens - I am sure the fc is stronger.

his were packaged well but if he dropped a new 50yrd sideways they would bend a little - not bad but it happens - I am sure the fc is stronger.

rollers are much bigger,  I just measured the roller on the FC, it has a circumference of about 4/3/4"  round.  

• Like 1

Im pretty sure mine were like that when I opened the box. They wouldnt ship something like that. It would never pass QA. 

Call customer service, I bet theyll say its ops normal.