jmatson

50 State License Plate Vectors

i would assume to.. There is a guy i found that sells the vectors. But he wants ALOT of money for them.. 

There is a lot of illegal stuff sold . . . I have no idea on this one though . . . Any police or retires out there want to chime in

It would fall under making license plates period.. Making them isn't illegal.. What the EU does with it. That's falls on them

Negative in my opinion . . . If you produce a product that could be taken as a real plate that falls on you. Kind like making copyrighted stuff . . . The production is the crime . . Not owning it. Just in this case you are making something to circumvent the laws . . . Buying plates is what my concern is. Had a run I. Years ago with a magistrate and made it a point to never appear in front of her again. . . Making a bogus plate or making a bogus passport I would pass on.

Interesting . . . Just found ours . . . Maybe I am totally wrong again. Hang tight I do that somewhat regularly, trying to stay out of trouble

• Like 1

It is sold by a third party named unbeatable sale.com . . . Thru walmarts site. The plot thickens

Well, if it's illegal then at least you would have some experience making license plates when you go to prison.

• Like 2

the image was on the sports.. But the state license plates still thinking not.. and hell the compaines have other people to deal with they just send stop letters. 

Is it legal though to reproduce the one currently used be the dmv?

I have no idea...legally.... but, my gut tells me to not touch it.

I personally knew too many people that. Made the real ones . . . I'll leave it to them

• Like 3

This may be a state-by-state sort of law.  I know that in Nevada, I've seen many gift shops selling what looks to be an authentic Nevada license plate with "GAMBLER", "BLACKJAK", "TWENTYONE", etc. - they're plastic, but you can't tell that just by looking at them.

I wonder if the law is linked to your state's requirement of 1 or 2 plates?  Here in Iowa, vehicles have rear and front plates, so there is no novelty plate market...

• Like 1

I personally knew too many people that. Made the real ones . . . I'll leave it to them

Glad I know what your other profession was :)

Butch

• Like 1

Glad I know what your other profession was :)

Butch

I hung out with a lot of talented shady characters LOL.   very skilled if you could point them in the right direction

Tons of those type of plates down here but being a 1 plate state putting on the front kinda verifies they are novelty but put 1 on the back and I bet you'd be in for so trouble.