KDM_Freak

Inkscape Problem

Having an issue .. I downloaded inkscape prompt me to download xquartz says after downloaded xquartz you got to restart (so i did) then open inkscape drag it to applications and it will prompt you to click x11 ... I don't see it at all .. only thing I see that would make sense is a font book but this is my first time downloading a program for a plotter and I just ordered one and everyone said ink is a great tool to have as backup so just trying to have it for when the plotter gets here in a few days plus just to play around and learn. Thanks in advance 

Think I got it but how do you use inkscape there help tap don't work ... Top of my mac says x11 applications, edit, windows, help .... I looked in the search tab and nothing on here i can find on using the software ... 

The help menu is not real helpful. Go to you tube and search for video help it really helped me. Good luck!

Oh I am a PC guy can't help on the Apple.

Butch

And just to be clear, Inkscape is a design tool. There are some plugs and tools for it to cut with, but it's not really very good for doing that.

You get it working? I am no good with the program to tell the truth but I occasionally use it. Skarekrow is real good.

Have you looked on this page at the Troubleshooting?

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ

I never did install Inkscape on my imac... I think it was 10.8.

I used 'winebottler' to run a few windows programs but never got used

the apple way of doing things. (Guess I'll always have a Window seat.)

Gave away the mac to my son this year.