Sign in to follow this  
tooler82

Supplies Needed

With the mug press i can do 1 mug every 3min and 30 seconds  and the Cactus wrap you can do 1 mug every 19 min and then you have to let it cool down to do more!

and these are the jobs i have done!..  I HATE my Cactus wrap!  

with 10 cactus wraps in motion I do a set of 5 mugs every 15 in - and rotate immediately - can do top to bottom and all the way to the handle without fade like every press I ever owned - so time actually is about the same except the performance near the parts that wick the heat away.   if you are willing to give up that area so the fade doesn't show the press is great.  also I can store the 10 wraps in a small area . . .  both the wrap and press have a place in the world

this is how a wrap sublimates to the edge cleanly because the entire mug is heated to 400 degrees - parts of it are not cooling the edges as the whole thing is in the oven.  I do mostly edge to edge so the press cost me too many wasted units trying to get that product.  I don't have to worry about staying away from the edges . .  .

just showing both sides of the coin

post-2742-0-41058300-1396751893_thumb.jp

• Like 1

last one was for a bike fabricator most enthusiast have seen on tv.    I intentionally don't show his info on the cup.

Jesse James, Or Paul Jr, Paul Sr?

lets say he works with one of those

• Like 2

I like using my mug press its faster. I could also do the mugs for you if needed.

I like using my mug press its faster. I could also do the mugs for you if needed.

I personally like the 15min I can do as many cups that fit in the oven. not to mention I can go and press other things while they are baking.

• Like 1

I use a press mostly because I do one offs while you wait. Hard to do that with wraps in a retail setting. FWIW I have never been asked about full coverage but it does look good.

funny thing is the 5 last night were not full bleed - unusual for me but thought ironic

I'm thinking about purchasing a mug press for one offs, plus the glass Steins aren't meant to bake in the oven go figure right the ceramics can be and shot glasses just not the steins.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about purchasing a mug press for one offs, plus the glass Steins aren't meant to bake in the oven go figure right the ceramics can be and shot glasses just not the steins.

I am looking at them too for the same reason lol

• Like 1

I made a template to design in that keeps me in the safe zone and aids in alignment. Saves many headaches and wasted mugs.

I made a template to design in that keeps me in the safe zone and aids in alignment. Saves many headaches and wasted mugs.

Interesting, I am in the process of doing this as well jaybird. I find I get them off center one way or the other

• Like 1

message me your email and I'll send you what I have to see if we think alike :) What program are you using?

I didn't but I  don't normally deal with conde and do very little with coastal. 

I didn't but I  don't normally deal with conde and do very little with coastal. 

I just thought I would let ya know I don't trust conde however most of their templates are wrong however coastal is good.

• Like 1

Conde you have to buy from them to download there templates but coastal you can download. For 11 ounce mugs I use the template for the 15" mugs.Also get the mug paper for the 15" mugs

Edited by djque

These are some I did for a friend babyfather funeral.

post-42519-0-87093500-1397195400_thumb.j