Sign in to follow this  
Topper

Is this an Offset Problem?

I have a Creation Pcut630, I would like to see if I can get it working a little better or is this just the best this machine can do? Please see the arrows on the attached pictures, the text is half inch on Oracal 651, The letter N has a rounded corner but the other corners on the "N" are straight and you can see how it cuts into the top of the "C" and the inside of the "O". And yes on the N the node is straight. The cutter cuts pretty well and it is not really noticeable unless you are looking for it on the decal. I just hate creating a product for someone when I know there are flaws like this.

post-1946-0-01071600-1396379369_thumb.jp

post-1946-0-47138600-1396379383_thumb.jp

Wondering if it repeats exact? also what happens if you shift orientation (flip upside down) How fast are you cutting? I have seen things like this on cheaper machines where it is actually holding the blade to far away from the material. I had to shim a few of the actuators to allow the blade to drop less or more before it starts cutting. And what cutting speed and does speed affect this at all?

• Like 1

Offset should do it on all corners, not just one. Has your text been converted to curves? If it has try goingto node edit and seeing if there are some stray nodes on the font. If it hasn't, convert it to curves and look.

I played with the offset for a few hours, put it at .52 which doesn't seem to be much better. Speed on the machine is 40, in signblazer it says .28 but you cant change it in sign blazer. I just cut a few different letters an "O and a N" and the round edge is gone from the N, but the O still has that extra cut going into it. The outside cut of the O also has the same slit but goes into the weeded part of the vinyl. The cut is complete but for some reason it puts that extra little slice in there. I think it does that on almost every letter, but sometimes cuts into the part of the vinyl you weed away so you don't notice it. Wish I could fix that extra little slice somehow. I looked at the nodes and nothing has a stray node. And mopar I slowed the speed down and, yes that slice is still there.

offset would affect all corners like jay said - it looks like the beginning of the cut where the knife enters and is drug into the right position from that starting point where it is pointing another direction - I am willing to bet those are some small letters to show up that good

The letters are capitals, half inch in height, not too small I wouldn't think. I want to say in the past, if I make large decals like a 60 inch width logo at least one spot in a long cut wont connect and it'll have that same curved slit. I dunno, pretty strange!

Does this happen on all fonts or just this one? What is your over-cut setting?