Sign in to follow this  
security802

3 color decal

So the local game warden stopped by the house the other day to have a decal made for a boat motor. Its a running thing for a guy that is retiring to make things and put delberp on them. Is delberp beer, clocks, etc. So for his retirement present they are giving him a delberp outboard motor. Game warden loved it.

post-36874-0-64938600-1396359392_thumb.j

• Like 6

Looks great!  Just out of curiosity why did you decide to use 3 colors as opposed to just blue and white with the black cut through to show from the paint? 

EL can answer for himself but, I believe the black is cut through to show the motor cover.

That makes it 3 color. Blue, White, & Black.

Good eye... I agree about cutting it through to show the motor housing but, either way, it's still 3 color.

I would consider it a two color decal since only blue and white are actually being used...BUT it is a 3 color logo in the end though so maybe the title is just deceiving. That is assuming it is done in only blue and white.  Either way it was nicely done!

• Like 1

Agreed, Blue. Clean looking graphic. The "3 color" designation for that graphic are the result of

how many colors you see when looking at it. Not how many colors it takes to produce it.

• Like 1

Actually it was cut, because he didn't tell me the motor cover was black, and I cut it as black and blue thinking white cover, and I was wrong lol teach me to forget to ask color of object it was going on.

• Like 2

I don't think it is cut through based on the small decal laying next to it.

Magnet he brought to me to see what he wanted