shankun

help needed, text over image, 2 color how to knock out a border

hope someone understands what i am trying to do.  My friend has a recycling business and wants his name on the doors on top of a recycling logo, i cannot get the white to "cut out" or "weld" to the green in the logo, signblazer and sign cut just want to cut the entire green recycling logo.  please help me.

i have tried in coreldraw and illustrator.

you should upload the file or at least a likeness of what you are trying to accomplish...

Select it all and Arrange + Combine.

It will turn whatever part of the text on top of the green into a cutout.

in illustrator it's in the pathfinder palette, just make sure what you want "cut out" is on top.

thanks for all the replies.  i was able to "kinda" do what i wanted in sign blazer.  the problem i was having was, combine was grayed out in corel and i got a bunch of weird things that happened in illustrator.  the gray oval is more what i was looking for.  i was up until midnight messing with it, and the guy is happy with it so all is good. 

here is what i was trying to do for those who asked.

post-20330-0-73285300-1396402879_thumb.j

• Like 1

ive tried to do the arrange thing to combine 2 objects but i would like mine more like the picture below where the image is actually inset to the writing, not still showing outside the image when "combined", can that be done with sign blazer..Image result for knockout images in silhouette

I don't know how to do that in SignBlazer but it's very simple in other programs. Post your file and I'll even do it for you. 

There is not a direct way to do this in SB, but it can be done. Create the text and the image. Duplicate the text and combine the text and the image. You'll get what you have above, now draw a box around the new image, make sure the box is below the image and select both and do a punch through. Delete the image used to punch through and you should have the inverse of it inside your box. Now select this image and do a Split Objects then manually delete the portions of the bear that are outside of the letters. Once done, combine the remaining parts back to a single image and move it onto the top of your original text.

This can be done much easier in Inkscape, by simply using the Intersection tool.

As slide&dice pointed out in the other thread, if it's being done with cut vinyl you can simply weed out what you don't want.