I am very new to sign making.  I need help pricing this window decal. It is 5.4 inches x 4 inches, cut from Greenstar intermediate calendered vinyl and takes about 15 minutes to weed each one.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

post-85795-0-59634700-1396245281_thumb.j

I'd definately try a different vinyl... looks like it would weed in nearly one pull with Oracal.

Probably gonna hear "around $5" fairly often. At less than 4 an hour plus materials, gonna be hard money.

• Like 3

Oracal 651 is all i use..You can use the L+W/2 method for that.. I would be at 5.00 a piece like Skarekrow said..

$5 sounds about right to me too. There is a perceived value on most decals. It seems to vary a bit with location but no one expects to get something for nothing. If I were building a bunch of those I would probably do a few minor modifications to try and get it to weed easier. Connect a few of those lines that are all alone and possibly cut down on the weed time.

+1 on Oracal vinyl.  651 should be fine for that application but if it were a color I stocked I would do it in 751. 

Looks like a 1 pc. weed (or very close) $5 each on 651 here. Would have to cut it to be sure but I'm thinking 1 to 2 minutes weed and tape.

I agree with the others, around $5 each, maybe $6 and with 651 it should be a very easy/quick weed if you have your plotter set up correctly.

yea i would charge 5-6 bucks each on those.. if you use some better vinyl like suggested and setup your file with some weeding boxes you should be able to weed them a bit easier. (1 box around the text, 1 box around the thumbprint) should be able to weed the thumbprint fairly easily as it looks like everything is connected aside from those few stray areas under the cross..i'd say something like that on some 651 would take me 1-2 mins, weeded and app tape applied