hyptonic

Stops halfway "waiting"

Hey everyone,

I've searched the forums for answers on this and have found no results. Just recently my cutter won't finish jobs, it will cut about 50-75% of the graphic then stops and says waiting. I've left it to see if it resumes if it was a "buffer issue" and nothing works. I've replaced my USB cable, reinstalled Flexi, formated osx and no luck. I've never had any issues in the past but I haven't used the cutter in at least a year. If anyone has any input to help that would be great.

Thanks.

what cutter are you using? i had this issue with a small cutter a long while ago, was down to the lack of memory in the cutter when sending big jobs or even a lot of small jobs all at once, does your cutter have a serial port? these usually work a lot better than the USB. hope this shed a little light on the issue.

It's either a memory issue but I doubt that if you are just doing a single graphic. My money is on static electricity. P-Cuts are notorious for static problems. I ended up getting a can of the spray style anti-static cling stuff for ladies skirts that cured my woes. Just hose down the area around your cutter, especially behind it, before you do a big job. 

Im using a 24" Pcut on osx 10.8 with the last version of FlexiStarter 8.5.  I know its not built for my version of osx but I've used to prior and not had any issues.  I have the serial port but trying to stay away from buying the keyspan adapter as I never had prior issues. I noticed that in the production manager when the graphic deletes at 100% that is sometimes when it stops or it will get stuck at 67% and not respond. It doesn't matter what size the graphic is 2" vs 24" it just always stops at the same point. I just installed an SSD into my macbook and i'm wondering if i'm just forgetting some type of setting somewhere. My only other theory is that the cutter was stored in the basement all winter with -40 degree temps outside, I'm wondering if that effected the unit. 

Appreciate the feedback. 

I don't know, maybe its some sort of software glitch but mine used to do the same thing from time to time and I think it was static. Once I started killing the static it mellowed way out and would rarely do the "waiting" thing. 

Hi friends. Just come to the forum. Im having similar problem with my pcut 1200. No matter the capacity of work sent, it stops sometimes even before 50% job, and this wastes my materials. Just dont know what to do. Mine has only USB port. What can I do to this?

for starters stop cutting and put the pen tool in and get it figured out on paper so you don't waste material. Most of those cutters come with a pen attachment that lets you use it rather than the knife so you can plot on paper where the blade would be running. You will need to find a decent sized piece of paper too. Then you can start experimenting without worry until you get it figured out. I would definitely recommend getting some anti-static cling spray and hose down the area around the machine particularly in back to eliminate the static charge which is one possible culprit. Next post up one of the problem files and let us make sure there are no oddities in there (not likely an issue but you never know) If you only have the USB then you are stuck getting that working. I used a CT 1200 for several years with a USB connection without any real trouble so it can be done.

What operating system is on your computer, what cutting utility and design utility are you using. Have you put in a support ticket yet?

• Like 1

for starters stop cutting and put the pen tool in and get it figured out on paper so you don't waste material. Most of those cutters come with a pen attachment that lets you use it rather than the knife so you can plot on paper where the blade would be running. You will need to find a decent sized piece of paper too. Then you can start experimenting without worry until you get it figured out. I would definitely recommend getting some anti-static cling spray and hose down the area around the machine particularly in back to eliminate the static charge which is one possible culprit. Next post up one of the problem files and let us make sure there are no oddities in there (not likely an issue but you never know) If you only have the USB then you are stuck getting that working. I used a CT 1200 for several years with a USB connection without any real trouble so it can be done.

What operating system is on your computer, what cutting utility and design utility are you using. Have you put in a support ticket yet?

Thanks friend. First I have been using it for sometimes. In fact I kept it for about 2years after buying it 'cos I couldn't get it running, but I dont give up. I bought Artcut with it, but I couldnt use it with it, despite all the support from the vendor. Next the vendor had to mail another copy to me which did not work either. I downloaded signcut trial which worked with it. But buying sign cut  software would be another expenses. However last year, I got a corel plug in from the Manufacturers website and it worked. However not long I started experiencing this stoppages. I use Corel 13 and cut through the plug in dowloaded, and Windows XP. Dont know what support ticket is, please explain. Dont know how to get anti-static cling spray and hose locally. Can you send me a pix of how it is done?

I'm not sure where you live but in the states they sell a spray can that the ladies use to keep their skirts from having static cling. It is some sort of product that eliminates static electrical charges. Another option is am anti-static dryer sheet but they don't work nearly as well. This may or may not be your issue but I had a lot of weird glitches and most went away when I removed the static. 

post-20133-0-82573900-1396360290_thumb.j

Thanks. I live in Nigeria. Will try to look for it or alternatives. May be I should move it to a different location or so,.

Im so grateful for your advise.

I'm having similar problem, have grounded machine and use static spray. Mine either doesn't finish cuts or will cut a small design but the cuts don't line up if I try a bigger version.. Losing my patience with this machine now! Using Creation PCut with Signcut pro 2 on a Mac.

Just to be clear, you don't need to ground the machine, you need to ground the vinyl, usually accomplished by grounding the stand the vinyl sits on.

Cuts not lining up wouldn't be a static problem, that'd be more of a tracking problem. Not finishing the cuts could be a static problem, could also be a comm problem. Are you using USB or serial? If using USB give serial a try.