Sign in to follow this  
QualeT Graphics

Fonts....

Hello my friends.....

Where can I get all the fonts that I will ever need at a good price. I want to upload them into my SCALP.

I thank you for your time.

Shane

You can never have all the fonts you will ever need. I have over 50,000 and I still get customer requests weekly for ones I don't have. My advice...you've got the basics...add as you need.

• Like 4

Ain't it the Truth...  I've tried to collect basic types and families, only to have every next job require something I don't have!

• Like 2

It is not a good idea to upload too many fonts it slows down your computer. I keep them in a folder, seperated by family and use a font manager to load them when I need them. Open the font manager first load whats needed or even load all your fonts then open whatever you use to design in and they will be in the font list.

• Like 1

It is not a good idea to upload too many fonts it slows down your computer. I keep them in a folder, seperated by family and use a font manager to load them when I need them. Open the font manager first load whats needed or even load all your fonts then open whatever you use to design in and they will be in the font list.

True story. I have a ton of fonts well over 30,000 that I can remember, possibly many more. Every three or four days I find myself collecting more fonts just because I like the way they look and think I might be able to use it somewhere... if I were to load those all in a program such as photoshop or illustrator, it would take roughly 30min just to open the program. I'm sure there are packs to buy on ebay or on the net somewhere, but I have just collected mine over time from being a habitual font lover, and when a customer wants a specific one I'll get it and save it. But you should by no means load all of your fonts into any program such as a design program or something. I go through my font manager and see ones I like and I load them in my windows->font folder and if I see a fault in the font (I see that I really dont like it after all) I'll go in that folder and delete them. I would say try not to have more than 500 or so in that folder just because of load times alone. But then again, like I said...I'm a self diagnosed font addict so maybe 500 is too many for normal people to have in there LOL

if you're looking for free fonts you can start with 1001fonts.com or dafont.com (i think those are the names, I have them saved on my browser so they may be spelled different than that) just google "free fonts" and tons of sites pop up. Also make sure you have permission to use them to make money, thats a whole other google search because of how they use certain words giving permission. You have to download them and unzip them and then you might want to start off like everyone is saying and be neat and categorize them all from the beginning...believe me if you don't really all you can do is search your hard drive for the specific name and hope that it's labeled correctly. Sorry for such a long rambling post, I hope you can make sense of it haha