bikemike

Bikemike's picture thread

sometimes less is more, looks like a good design to me, if it works well no need for a funnel.  like I said earlier when I was thinking complex, something similar to my big freestanding blast cabinet. but this is more cost & time efficient to build. instead of the work table u have yours on. I could use some 2x2 legs

The plan has always been to get 2 x 4 s for the legs. One day I will get to it.

I'n not sure if 2 x 2s would be enough. It is pretty heavy with 50lbs of grit in it.

So I decided to try etching one of the yeti style mugs, like the rest of you, I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Has anyone tried taking one to the buffing wheel and putting a mirror finish on it then blasting?

I know it would scratch easy, but I bet it would look real nice for a little while.

20180210_164432.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bikemike said:

The plan has always been to get 2 x 4 s for the legs. One day I will get to it.

I'n not sure if 2 x 2s would be enough. It is pretty heavy with 50lbs of grit in it.

as u can tell I wasn't thinking about the 50lbs of media.lol the way I normally build overkill, that would b 4x4 legs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bikemike said:

Has anyone tried taking one to the buffing wheel and putting a mirror finish on it then blasting?

I know it would scratch easy, but I bet it would look real nice for a little while.

I have not done that, but I have seen it done. They come out really nice. As for holding up against scratches you could powder coat it with a clear coat.

• Like 1

I found these pic's looking for powder coated / vinyl stuff.

I think I got the stuff from papilio. Printed, water slide decals.  EDIT: just checked, they where laser printed, water slide, BAKE ON transfers.

White powder coat, then decal then clear powder coat.

2 sided, so 3 in total.

IMG_7525.JPG

IMG_7524.JPG

• Like 1