carwash

First Etching Experiments....

So tried etching tonight for the fist time.  Used a giant ScatBlaster with black oxide material, dialed back to about 50 psi.  Used matte vinyl for mask, turned out very well i think.

ED095DFF-2A96-47B4-B2F5-47891FA5F7AB_zps

B6A76CAD-2076-4D55-BEB9-36221217ED59_zps

59CF8BB9-FDE5-4601-ABCC-468B1924E1E2_zps

• Like 5

Yee have been warned...once yee go down that etching blasting road..there be no return..

• Like 1

The ones from Harbor Freight.com are pretty cheap and very good. I got the 40lb stand cabinet for $199.

Nice work Carwash. Just got the new ad from HF and the large one is on sale for 189.99 and a 20% coupon.

Read the fine print on your coupon, it may not apply to cabinets... there's a list of things they are excluded from.

There isn't much to one, you could aways just build your own. I plan to do that eventually, till then I'm using a plastic tote with holes cut in it.

Yer better off buying one... do some research on silica lung settlement.  It never leaves, settles in the bottom of your lungs... enuf can kill.  Need a good contained cabinet with collection system.

Carwash they let me use the coupon when I bought my first one then had to build a larger pass thru cabinet for the big things. I won't use sand to blast with because of the silica. Dangerous stuff there. I use SC in the pass thru and AO in the HF cabinet.