fedjastacey

Strange when peeling back application tape

Hey guys

When I use avery vinyl I have I believe I set the blade as best as if can be. It cuts fine and weeding is so easy all excess comes off and leaves all my cut stuff intact

Then I apply application tape but when it comes to applying it to a wall or wherever trouble starts when peeling application tape back it keeps leaving pretty much everything still stuck to the backing tape and I have to manually lift a letter off one by one before the application tape will pick it up

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong

Thanks for any help in advance

Is the backing paper stuck to the letters around the edge of the cut? If so your blade is still too deep and it'll be miserable to get off the backing.

• Like 2

If that doesn't do it, try flipping the decal over and peal the backing off so that the decal and app tape are laying on the table. Some app tape works better than others, what type are you useing?

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="350238" data-time="1395751116"><p>

Is the backing paper stuck to the letters around the edge of the cut? If so your blade is still too deep and it'll be miserable to get off the backing.</p></blockquote>

I do mess around with the blade on different vinyls to get it to only cut the vinyl and not cut the backing paper. In this case it was real nice cuts but the application tape does not pull the letters of the packing paper. Maybe it's down to the vinyl

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="darcshadow" data-cid="350254" data-time="1395762804"><p>

If that doesn't do it, try flipping the decal over and peal the backing off so that the decal and app tape are laying on the table. Some app tape works better than others, what type are you useing?</p></blockquote>

Never tries that so far but it sounds worth a shot will try it next time. Thanks for the advice guys

Yes, you should be peeling the backing away, not lifting the tape.   When lifting the tape, you can actually pick the paper backing up also by doing that, and the paper will be stuck to the back of your decal...

A few tips I got in here when I first joined. If your having trouble removing the vinyl from the backer then do the following.

Pick the right application tape, they are not all created equal. Cheaper is NOT better. I prefer R-tape but there are other good choices. But what you have is always what you can use.

Don't pull the app tape and vinyl up do the opposite.

Before applying your decal. Squeegee it again. Then flip it over and squeegee the back side. this is a huge help.  Then slowly fold the backing paper back over itself and remove it slowly. You should be pulling back 180 in the opposite direction. the flatter the better. Slower allows the vinyl to release. If it doesn't use your finger to press vinyl back against the app tape a re-pull that area.

Place the paper back onto the vinyl being careful not to wrinkle. This makes it much easier to apply.

Later

Woody