Sign in to follow this  
Dazzel me

STREAKS of Magenta and yellow

Hi there

Anyone know WHY thin streaks of Magenta and Yellow are going in a versicle direction of the material?  I have 2 of the exact same images (18" x 24") side by said and if you are looking at the printer itself, the image on the right side is printing just fine, the image on the left side has the 2 streaks going through it.  I recently had a head strike (I know...OUCH), and it was after that, that it started happening.  I did a deep clean on the machine as well as took the lids off and swabbed it down then did some test prints and the test prints show all colors in alignment fine!  Any idea what it could be?

post-23604-0-12671300-1395706838_thumb.j

if running vertical I would be looking at the data cables but that shouldn't have been started with a head strike . . . .usually that is a horizontal line with a head strike and then new heads . . . but with the vertical it has to be some kind of data transfer issue.  hopefully someone that has had that happen will come along.  I am sure they will want to know the model of the printer though to diagnose 

I just read all I can at s101 on the roland printers and issues in case I run into them and that is what I seam to remember . . . can't hurt to do a search over there

I looked there as well but found nothing, thought maybe I was wording my SEARCH wrong but I put every possible case scenario in there and came up empty!  Soul from  USCUTTER is going to do some research on it for me, he and Brandon usually come over when my Machine is sick and fix er all up :)

Thansk Dakota for responding and helping :)