Sign in to follow this  
stang65_us

SC or LaserPoint II

Which one is better in your opinion 34" SC or the 31.5" LaserPoint II? I will mainly cutting car decals for cheer teams but doing some banner and yard signs now and then. Thanks.

I have the SC that does a great job. But if you want to do contour cutting you may want the Laser Point.

Yes I also have the 25 inch SC model and does really good.

Dawns i was reading the specs on my machine on the site and it said manual contour cutting

Yes I also have the 25 inch SC model and does really good.

Dawns i was reading the specs on my machine on the site and it said manual contour cutting

Ok I didn't know this. Maybe I need to read up on it.

I have a LP2 and it's not a bad machine but I see tons of good reviews for the SC on the forum.

• Like 1

The SC has Manual Contour cutting. You have to move the laser with the cutter jog to each mark. Have not tried it yet, but I have done manual on my Silhouette

LPII.

It has an inexpensive optional media catch basket (great for those longer jobs when you're cutting banner-length vinyl work)

El that seems like it would be time consuming doing it manually.. I did not even know there was a laser point on the SC.. Guess i should have read thoroughly on all the specs...lol

El that seems like it would be time consuming doing it manually.. I did not even know there was a laser point on the SC.. Guess i should have read thoroughly on all the specs...lol

You have to move it to the reg marks to tell the cutter where to cut, once that's done it will contour cut your image. It takes time for sure