OWJones

Gah! I really didn't need this right now!

I ordered a roll of Oracal 064 Yellow Green last week and hoped to have it on Saturday.  Tracking info showed it was on the truck to go out for delivery as of 5:00 AM on Saturday - but was marked as "Will be delivered on next business day."  Ok, not a huge deal, it was $9.99 shipping...

But, when I got home today and opened my package, even though the US Cutter sticker says it is 064 Yellow Green, it's at least 5 shades off - and matching it against my official Oracal color chart, it looks like I got a roll of 060 Dark Green, so for the first time ever I need to call US Cutter customer service and get a recording that they are updating their systems and I can expect an abnormally long hold time....   8 minutes on hold so far and the recording says I've got an estimated 11 more minutes wait time...  The number of people in the queue keeps going down, but the estimated hold time keeps going up...  And the annoying music and repeated recordings are already getting old...

Why, US Cutter, why? We've been so happy together for so long, why you wanna go and throw it all away today!

;D

post-24492-0-58534900-1395682674_thumb.j

we all make mistakes occasionally - it does make you hate whatever music is playing when on hold though

• Like 1

Finally got through Curtis (in less time than the recording estimated) and he's going to send a replacement roll and a label to return the original - yay!

Now I just need to tell the customer that it's going to be delayed a few more days...  :angry:

I would think USCutter would overnight it for you since it's their screw up.

I know fellers does for us whenever they screw up

Fellers also charges a hell of a lot more, easier to cover for mistakes that way. For the # of orders I place with uscutter they have the fewest # of mistakes of any company I deal with but alas mistakes do happen. 

• Like 1

On the backing Oracal will sometimes print the color number and batch number. Is there anything on yours?

We haven't had hardly any issues with Fellers, I will admit USCutter is a little cheaper, not by much though, only about $5 on a 50yd roll from what I've seen.

We get high quality vinyl that hasn't been sitting around, no splices, and rarely any mistakes.  Free shipping too. and most of the time they can get materials to us in a day.

On the backing Oracal will sometimes print the color number and batch number. Is there anything on yours?

I already had it all sealed up and ready to send back when I saw this...

Last time I bought from Feller's it was drop shipped from Avery but every company has bad day, mine included. It is how you handle those problems that separates the good from the bad. The fact that they reshipped w/o getting the other roll back first is a big plus to me.

• Like 4

You think you got it bad....talk to new member Express2100 from Minnesota. Him and i were at the SignsPlusBanners event this weekend...he bought the new Graphtec CE-6000-60 cutter, and a bunch of other stuff, had a huge hassle getting it all...then when he got home, he was really really peeved to see that they loaded a CE-6000-40 into his truck! So he paid for a 24" model, and got the 15" one!

You think you got it bad....talk to new member Express2100 from Minnesota. Him and i were at the SignsPlusBanners event this weekend...he bought the new Graphtec CE-6000-60 cutter, and a bunch of other stuff, had a huge hassle getting it all...then when he got home, he was really really peeved to see that they loaded a CE-6000-40 into his truck! So he paid for a 24" model, and got the 15" one!

That could end badly depending on what they say about it.

Got the new roll today and YAY - it's 064 Yellow-Green - now I can get this job done and get paid... and maybe be able to afford lunch tomorrow...  Been a rough week...