Sign in to follow this  
rynecoop

NEED HELP WITH REPLACING PINCH ROLLER!

Hello all, 

I have a copam 2500 and I went to go cut something today and the pinch roller broke broke in two pieces.  Now I need to replace it, no big deal. However I can not figure out how to remove the roller. Can some please help? 

where is roger when you need him - he has done this before!   wish I could see it to figure it out

Though this is an old thread, I decided to add a third pinch roller to my Copam CP-2500. I bought the pinch roller from China and just received it today. Installing it was an incredibly easy process to do that takes literally 5 minutes. But don't do what I did and take all the covers off or else you'll be in for an hour waste of your life and a very frustrating time putting it all back together again.

You need to simply remove three screws from the back of the cutter area and a small little black cover/door. SEE PHOTOS. Then you need to remove one of the old pinch rollers from the track WITH the small circular magnet still in it so you can then put on the new roller WITHOUT it's small circular magnet on it so the carriage sensor eye doesn't read the extra pinch roller when making measurements of the media (use a small screwdriver to force it out of the roller's magnet holder slot). Keep the magnet for future in a little Ziplock bag properly labeled in a safe place.

When putting on the rollers, the trick is to align things carefully in the little area where the little black cover was. You have to line up the little white wheels in the track. It may take some finessing as well as toggling the pinch roller handle in an upright and down position. But it WILL work. Make sure that the outer two pinch rollers have the little circular magnets on them. The inner pinch roller will not have the magnet on it. Put the little black cover back in place and reattach the three screws in the proper slots. Done...

post-96816-0-35387100-1454467107_thumb.j

post-96816-0-13672800-1454467160_thumb.j

post-96816-0-92704700-1454467192_thumb.j

post-96816-0-36067800-1454562125_thumb.j

This is good to know, I was thinking of installing a 4th pinch roller on my copam to facilitate cutting narrower pieces of vinyl as my 48" cutter has a stop to keep the other pinch rollers from getting close enough to use the second grit roller. The pic of the 3 screws being upside down had me going for a min.

Donn

Have you looked to see if that stop has a screw to loosen up?    Not sure what it looks like on a Copam, but my Graphtec has a stop also that just slides in a rail. . I can just loosen the screw and slide the stop over, so that I can place 2 pinch rollers on the far right grit roller.   I can cut narrow vinyl also.

I just took the screw out and moved the middle pinch roller over but would still like another pinch roller and to put the screw back where it belongs in case it needs to be there for some reason.

Donn

Though this is an old thread, I decided to add a third pinch roller to my Copam CP-2500. I bought the pinch roller from China and just received it today. Installing it was an incredibly easy process to do that takes literally 5 minutes. But don't do what I did and take all the covers off or else you'll be in for an hour waste of your life and a very frustrating time putting it all back together again.

You need to simply remove three screws from the back of the cutter area and a small little black cover/door. SEE PHOTOS. Then you need to remove one of the old pinch rollers from the track WITH the small circular magnet still in it so you can then put on the new roller WITHOUT it's small circular magnet on it so the carriage sensor eye doesn't read the extra pinch roller when making measurements of the media (use a small screwdriver to force it out of the roller's magnet holder slot). Keep the magnet for future in a little Ziplock bag properly labeled in a safe place.

When putting on the rollers, the trick is to align things carefully in the little area where the little black cover was. You have to line up the little white wheels in the track. It may take some finessing as well as toggling the pinch roller handle in an upright and down position. But it WILL work. Make sure that the outer two pinch rollers have the little circular magnets on them. The inner pinch roller will not have the magnet on it. Put the little black cover back in place and reattach the three screws in the proper slots. Done...

nice presentation on that CD

• Like 1

This is good to know, I was thinking of installing a 4th pinch roller on my copam to facilitate cutting narrower pieces of vinyl as my 48" cutter has a stop to keep the other pinch rollers from getting close enough to use the second grit roller. The pic of the 3 screws being upside down had me going for a min.

Donn

Whoops, you're right, I screwed up the orientation of the photo...it has now been fixed on the thread and is correct. Sorry about that.