AtomicAce727

Pricing Help for Corrugated Plastic Signs. How Much Do You Mark Up the Substrate?

I just received my first request for 4 DOUBLE SIDED corrugated plastic signs.

The signs are double sided and 8" x 12" with Oracal 651 vinyl used for the lettering.

The vinyl is just simple lettering with a simple, super easy to weed font.

Using the standard (L + W) / 2 formula the price would be $10 per side or $20 per sign or $80 total.

What would you charge for this job based on the fact the signs are double sided and how much mark up do you add for the substrate in this case?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

At the very least double the cost of the coro.

You do know you can see the lettering on the other side of that stuff?

You are probably going to have to put vinyl on at lease one full side to help stop that. Both if you need both sides to match correctly.

So probably 3 or 4 times the vinyl.

At the very least double the cost of the coro.

You do know you can see the lettering on the other side of that stuff?

You are probably going to have to put vinyl on at lease one full side to help stop that. Both if you need both sides to match correctly.

So probably 3 or 4 times the vinyl.

Instead of doing them double-sided I can do them single-sided and make 4 total or 8 total.  Therefore, how much would everyone charge for 4 signs?  8 signs?

Considering how simple the design and weeding is, how many signs before you would start giving a quantity discount since all the signs are the same design?

I've had trouble pricing these as well.  I usually do $15 for one sided one color. $20 for two sided one color and up from that.  I don't get request for these very often thank goodness.  I have applied on both sides with out a under layer.  I've never noticed that the back side shows thru.  People kinda look at you funny when you price something like that and they see signs along the road that says"signs like this just $.99 each).  Hell, I pay that for the coroplast not including the stake. 

• Like 1

You have to do a unit price on things like that and need to be similar to other shops in your area maybe even a little less but dont sell your self short.

• Like 1

Funny thing to me is coroplast signs sell for less than a decal of similar size around here. Never made sense to me but I just price competitively and it all works out. 

GRIMCO sells opaque coroplast, and it solves the problem of the shadow-through.

I mark it up to triple the cost and then add whatever the vinyl work will be.