gcextreme

Regional or State Sections?

Is there anyway or chance they can create a Regional or State forum section area? Just so we can find and communicate with our local fellow vinyl guys?

For Instance, 

It would be nice to have a Minnesota thread so new people from MN can join up, and we can talk to them and even arrange meets and get to know each other and even buy/sell stuff from each other locally, and assist each other with stuff...

Just an idea.

Sometimes in the past some of us have posted and met at shows. This is a global community and it would be cumbersome I think to have regional sections. It is like all the groups that have popped up on Facebook has really divided the community more than brought people together.

• Like 2

Just throwing my thoughts into the mix as usual. . . Maybe others will chime in with an opinion

What if we all could add our state abbreviation after our name?  For example xpaperman (TX)  then everyone would know where everyone was from on the fly..... (I said fly)

i think it would be nice to just have one dedicated thread to go to find my local peeps...not have to search thru usernames..

also so we can discuss local stuff and share stuff.

Oh wait... I just noticed under our names it has "location"  LOL.....

yes that helps...but still not as good as just going into a dedicated thread to find and chat with local peeps. The location under the username info is nice, but i don't wanna have to search and look for that stuff to talk to people in my area.

The  people I tend to network with and we give each other ideas tend to be from all over the world - I would be so limited if I exluded those except for neighboring areas  . . . again just thinking our loud

• Like 1

Yeah true, but i just met with Jessie, aka MN Resources, a new guy on the forum, met him today in Rogers at the Signs Plus Banners event and expo, and we shared and talked alot. I have already met and done alot with Shawn (mopar) he's from Long Prairie, just down the road from me, and i know several guys from the cities/metro areas. And it would be nice to just have a dedicated thread on here for us and other MN people to chit chat. 

or, maybe a way you could search for members by city and/or state.  Like a search box, instead of using a persons name you could enter city and/or state and it would show you all forum members from that area or within a certain distance.  That should be easy to come up with, the info appears to already be in the data base.

• Like 2

And it would be nice to just have a dedicated thread on here for us and other MN people to chit chat. 

Boy you MN people are all about yourselves. What about us SC people lol.

• Like 1

i think it would be nice to just have one dedicated thread to go to find my local peeps...not have to search thru usernames..

also so we can discuss local stuff and share stuff.

That's called Craigslist.  Go put an ad in the personal section, that ya wanna meet someone in your area, who does vinyl cutting/websites, etc.   They can search with Search Tempest.and find you in your region or state....  :lol:

• Like 1

Jaybird us Southerners will stick together :)

Butch

You know it.

• Like 1

I think its a great idea.  Especially if your in a jam or need to get ahold of someone semi local to buy materials from or ask for help or team up for something like a charity event

• Like 1