Sign in to follow this  
sspvinyl

Roland GX-24

I tried getting the vinyl express cutter working and I couldnt get it working so I purchased a used Roland Camm-1 GX-24.

Before buying it I seen the previous owner cut out 2 decals.  I get home install the cutting software and installed the driver and it doesnt cut.  I installed the drivers the proper way.  Changed port types.  Installed older driver and an updated driver and still nothing.  Im using a USB connection.  Any Help???

Only used cut studio once so hopefully someone will be along that uses it daily to offer some advice

Hope so.  I may just have to wait til Monday to talk to their tech support.  Glad I have my Summa cutting my jobs now or I will be in trouble.  LOL

If I remember correctly there is a stand alone cut studio and the plug in for Corel I see on Rolanddga . . .

My main computer has Corel Draw, Winplot and my Summa Plotter connected to it.  My backup computer (which is the same computer that I bought duplicates of) has now the Cut Studio and the Roland connected to it.  Its just aggravating that I tried 2 different plotters and nothing.  Luckily I was able to return the one.  But I need this other one working b/c I have some fairly large jobs coming up that will be cutting die cuts all day.  The back up needs to be able to do my everyday work while im cutting this big job.

So on the computer with the Roland you have Corel with the cut studio plug in installed and when you click the icon in Corel cut studio comes up and doesn't cut?

does cut studio open the file and show it?  does it show the cutter in the set up?

yes and yes.  The job appears to go through and nothing happens on the cutter end.  I read that some people change to serial connection and it worked fine however my desktop doesnt have a 2nd serial connection.  Its being used by the monitor.  So im curious if a serial to USB adapter would work.  I have one so I guess I can give it a try.

The gx24's I had worked fine on USB once I installed the drivers for my win7 64 bit

Never seen a monitor use a serial port . . . Usually a VGA port that looks similar just backwards (female instead of male)

• Like 2

yea the VGA port not serial port.  They look the same.  so yea I dont have a serial port on the back of this computer 

----HOWEVER----

I got it to work. I notice when I unplugged the plotter that it was still showing like it was plugged in. So I deleted that device under printers and plugged the plotter back in and another one popped up and uploaded the driver automatically. Goto cut and BOOM. it works. I can go to bed now!!!!

• Like 3