Sign in to follow this  
kauffman21

Did an install today...

So I went into one of our favorite Jerky stores today to try out this new jerky we heard another fiend talk about. Long story short, the owner noticed I was the guy who installed letters on the windows of the barber shop next door and wanted to strike me a deal. He had a roll of lettering that was sent to him from the place he franchises all of his stuff from, and he wanted me to put it in his freezer because he screwed it up before. So all I had to do was line it up, tape it off, peel and stick... and he gave me $60.00 worth of jerky. Not your run of the mill gas station jerky either... some real good stuff. I was happy, he was happy, so when I got home and told the wife she said "oh, so we get paid in jerky now?" I said "hell yeah... cash, card, money order, or jerky!" haha. Not too bad for what I was going to spend in the store anyways, to get it free for installing sone letters on the front of a freezer, I feel like I made out like a bandit!

• Like 6

Way to go!

Now, what type of jerky did you get?

Cal

she said "oh, so we get paid in jerky now?" I said "hell yeah... 

post-24492-0-47479500-1395500225_thumb.j

• Like 4

Nice Score!  Just stay away from magic beans!

Dude, I just got some... Man I should of held out for the unicorn instead is what your saying..

back to OP, always good to be able to barter. I do it with the plow guy B)

Way to go!

Now, what type of jerky did you get?

Cal

Black pepper, honey BBQ, and one called "cowboy". Great stuff.

I love to barter. I've picked up a portable generator (about a year old) that runs great, a 3600 watt Craftsman. Also recently snagged a portable welder in a nother barter deal. Last week, picked up a 6x10 utility trailer that needed reflooring, worked a deal with a friend of mine that has a sawmill to cut me some 1x6 oak to refloor it. LOVE BARTERING !!!

• Like 2

Would much rather barter too. Gov't has a harder time taxing a barter but they love to tax everything else.

I'm trying to work a deal with a body shop right now to get the hail dents repaired on the wife's car. They want shorts and hats. So this should be pretty easy. All dent less repair so they don't have a lot of materials only time. SO If I can cover my expenses on the materials and get the car fixed I would be a happy camper. Here in Iowa we don't barter we horse trade. LOL

Later

Woody

• Like 1