Sign in to follow this  
sspvinyl

Vinyl Express JII-61

I recently purchased a used Vinyl Express plotter as a 2nd plotter as too when I get slammed on my main plotter.

The owner I bought it from didnt have any software to go with it.  

My main plotter is a Summa and it comes with winplot as its cutting software.  

Im kind of stuck here bc I dont have a driver or any cutting software to do anything with. Does anyone know of a cutting program that will 100% work with this plotter?

you can try the gcc jaguar drivers but it may well have a chipset in it so only the drivers for that machine will work -  ve-lxi shows a JG-61 but no mention of a jII-61

I think It's a GCC World Jaguar

The all-new Jaguar family of vinyl cutting plotters includes the Jaguar II series (JII-61, JII-101S and JII-132S), and Jaguar IV series (J4-61 ,J4-101S,J4-132S and J4-183S) . With intuitive features to meet the demands of today's professionals, the Jaguar series represents the apex of vinyl cutting plotter technology.

http://www.gccworld.com/product.php?MODEL=Jaguar

The cutter is listed in Signblazer  all cutter version. 

Would you guys know of any cutting software for this plotter.   

I got GCC to send me a driver but I got an error when trying to run the driver.  

Would you guys know of any cutting software for this plotter.   

I got GCC to send me a driver but I got an error when trying to run the driver.  

The cutter is listed in Signblazer  all cutter version  as GCC Jaguar J1161.   but don't know if that will work as Signwarehouse carries the Vinyl Express  cutters.   Even their Graphtec versions  have different drivers

• Like 1

The SB program I have is for the USCutter only.  I found a post about the "all cuter version" but it seems to be all outdated and links are not working.  Any links that are valid?

It might be this one.

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

Thanks I got this part working now.  Im able to locate the cutter name.  WOOOHOOO Im getting somewhere.  But not cutting yet.  I think it is bc of the drivers so lets try this Roland PNC Driver and see if that works.

Appreciate everyone's help so far. 

then the chip set is probably programmed only to work with drivers for that model as sold by signwarehouse - you will probably need the ve-lxi, possibly the flexi versions have it - not sure what else does - I checked Scalp and it does not have the drivers for that cutter.

Now the interesting part will be figuring out the model as signwarehouse shows a JG-61  but as sold by gcc it is called a JII-61 as you have in the title - which is not the signwarehouse version

How are you connecting it?

Serial cable?

Check your port settings in the Device Manager of the computer operating system.

You might give SignCut Pro a try. I got it with my original P-Cut and liked it so much I still use it with my SummaCut D75r. You can get a week free trial I think and they have either subscription based access or a dongle you can get. I think it kicks the crap out of the winplot that comes with the cutters. Maybe if you bought the upgrade it does better but I didn't like the layout. You must be designing elsewhere anyway to be using winplot so it might be right up your alley for both machines. Went ahead and bought the dongle and run it on two different computers so I am backed up in case the windows comp goes down.

Using the USB port.  GCC sent me the driver for the plotter However under printers and devices it shows Jaguar ii-61 and then it shows and Unspecified item.  When I shut off the cutter the Unspecified Item goes away but there is a printer Jaguar ii-61.  If I could just merge the 2 I think it would work.  I tried going into the Unspecified Item and putting in the driver link and still come up with nothing.

I probably spent at least a good 7 hours trying to get this thing to work.  Seems like im almost there but im seriously thinking about returning it and buying something that has the drivers with it.  I would like to do some "Office Space" stuff to it now but im sure the previous owner wouldnt like that.  

returned plotter and bought a used Roland Camm- GX-24  .....Still having the same issues please see post in the Roland section.