Sign in to follow this  
security802

Dye Sub start up

All of the ones in this order had a particular name on them so discount mugs was out but I've heard very good things about them. That and they never give me enough time to farm them out.

My printer is on the way!!! Now to order mugs and the cactus wraps

Your going to love it, hate it or regret it when you see your checking account or charge card lol.

• Like 1

My printer is on the way!!! Now to order mugs and the cactus wraps

and into the rabbit hole you go. You won't regret it but I promise you'll spend more playing with different stuff than you'd ever imagine.

• Like 2

Your going to love it, hate it or regret it when you see your checking account or charge card lol.

Lol just saw $500 disappear in 20min lol

$500 lol wait until there is another zero on there. :)

• Like 1

yup - about 4 tubs of sublimatables here - just waiting for the next surge.  Mugs have been my main source of income since getting my first printer.  other stuff is fun but the mugs have paid for everything else

• Like 2

on just the printer and ink? or did you buy cups?

everything, ink, printer, a couple mug wraps, 2 cases mugs, a few other items to play with. shipping took a bite too

• Like 1

We do business with conde and coastal only thing I like about coastal is faster shipping, free shipping after 150 and never had an issue with getting replaced items if broke. Now for conde other than the pay shipping no matter what, I do get free products after you spend I believe 100 or maybe 200 don't recall and the people are nice also. However it takes an extra day to get here.

• Like 1

We do business with conde and coastal only thing I like about coastal is faster shipping, free shipping after 150 and never had an issue with getting replaced items if broke. Now for conde other than the pay shipping no matter what, I do get free products after you spend I believe 100 or maybe 200 don't recall and the people are nice also. However it takes an extra day to get here.

My only negative about Conde is that you can't place a web order for anything under $100 - if you want to spend less, then you have to call your sales rep - I do a lot of my ordering late in the evening, so I always end up buying more than I need (to get over the $100 mark) or waiting until the next day and trying to remember to call...   Other than that, they're my primary go-to vendor for most dye-sub items.

• Like 3

My only negative about Conde is that you can't place a web order for anything under $100 - if you want to spend less, then you have to call your sales rep - I do a lot of my ordering late in the evening, so I always end up buying more than I need (to get over the $100 mark) or waiting until the next day and trying to remember to call...   Other than that, they're my primary go-to vendor for most dye-sub items.

that was the other issue I forgot.

that's great . see already getting business. What are you planning on charging?>

$10 for 1 offs, still gotta figure out multi orders tho

that's what I charge and I get that up to 4 cups after that I give like 1 off each mug till 10 mugs then I give 2 a mug

I have to figure out case cost for one customer tho

The biggest discount I give is $1 per mug - that is about my limit as I am already at or below the big discount stores around here and my cost of materials, ink, depreciation, etc doesn't get cheaper with large amounts.  I have sold several 250 mug orders and the best anyone has got was 8.00 for the 11 oz small orders are $9.00 - most of what I do is the 15 oz though and they are 10 - large orders are $9 each.   I run 10 cactus wraps with 5 in the oven, the other 5 are taken out - removed to cool, re wrapped and ready for rotation in 15 minutes.  I use a cordless drill with a clutch to apply and remove the wraps.

This was a partial order for one of my favorite customers a while back - was waiting for the other 3 cases that came in the next day.

Don't sell yourself short - where are they going to get them any cheaper for a quality mug and good work . . . another reason I am picky on my mugs and now buy from Marck

You bought a specialty type of equipment that WILL need replaced some day so plan ahead for that also - not just I can buy it now with my tax return and not worry about replacements.  I also use sawgrass inks until an alternative comes up for the ricoh gel inks

post-2742-0-68139000-1395800910_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-28639900-1395801044_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Oh yeah I have been putting away for break downs and replacements. I went with dye sub instead of a servo cutter as it was something I didn't have and ppl have asked about cups. I figure $10 for 11oz wasn't too pricey but gave me a comfortable $$ take in. I have an ice cream shop in the next town that I did a banner for and we had talked shirts and mugs in the future. Figure that prob buy a few to see how they sell and then hope for case sales to them. I was toying with $8 or $7ea for a case of 36ea.

Oh yeah I have been putting away for break downs and replacements. I went with dye sub instead of a servo cutter as it was something I didn't have and ppl have asked about cups. I figure $10 for 11oz wasn't too pricey but gave me a comfortable $$ take in. I have an ice cream shop in the next town that I did a banner for and we had talked shirts and mugs in the future. Figure that prob buy a few to see how they sell and then hope for case sales to them. I was toying with $8 or $7ea for a case of 36ea.

you won't find anyone using quality mugs for $7 - you are selling yourself short . . .  now if you want to order a shipment of the cheap mugs with an uneven coating, yeah that would be right but not for first quality mugs

• Like 1