Sign in to follow this  
security802

Dye Sub start up

OK so it looks like I get to order my dye sub start up in the next week or two.

My question is as follows,

Printer, ink, 2 cactus wraps to start, dye sub paper, and 2 cases of mugs. What else do y'all recommend for start up of dye sub.

Going with a cobra ink set-up btw

Jus go to coast business or Conde they have all the blanks for dye sub.

LOL start - up not go broke, like a kid in a candy store. I registered @ Conde, alot of nice options there for sure. Will have to check out Coast Business next.

Thanks Jay and Madhatter for input

At Conde ask for Christy Fox and tell her Bob from Mad Hatter Graphix. She is nice I say bob cause my dad deals with her I don't . Go broke is right. Don't forget heat tape and Dye Trans Spray from Conde .

• Like 2

That is the same thing I started with almost identical.  The only other item I might consider to start would be some iphone cases.  I bought a bunch off the big auction site..... price was right.  They were so cheap I used them for practice and started giving some away.  Got a few orders from doing that but they don't seem to be a big hit in my small town.  I also did the same with the mugs.  Started with the local school logo and got several orders off of that.  In fact, in less than 2 weeks I had my printer paid for by using a few well thought out freebies.

• Like 1

That is the same thing I started with almost identical.  The only other item I might consider to start would be some iphone cases.  I bought a bunch off the big auction site..... price was right.  They were so cheap I used them for practice and started giving some away.  Got a few orders from doing that but they don't seem to be a big hit in my small town.  I also did the same with the mugs.  Started with the local school logo and got several orders off of that.  In fact, in less than 2 weeks I had my printer paid for by using a few well thought out freebies.

That's my thinking on 2 cases mugs, give out a few to the ones I think will bite the hook, and it should pay off what I invest in the printer. I don't know about phone cases, they are not real big up here that I see, will check em out anyways. Thanks, Fingers crossed be Dye subbing by mid April :ph34r:

You can also shop at Johnson Plastics for sublimation supplies - They're the only place I've found that sells sublimatable Fishing Lures...

post-24492-0-26285900-1395501296_thumb.j

I also recommend Chewbarka.net - they are primarily a supplier of engravables, but they have the largest assortment of sublimatable pet tags I've found - 24 different shapes, most in 2-3 different sizes.  They also have cat tags, which I've not found anywhere else...  And fire shield (Maltese cross) shaped pet tags 

post-24492-0-87432800-1395501296_thumb.p post-24492-0-94003900-1395501251_thumb.p

• Like 3

OW, are the lures flat or do they require some kind of form to sublimate them.

They are curved, but not too bad. Use a green rubber pad over the top, or turn them image side down on a Nomex felt pad, just like you would for tiles with curved edges...

The best sellers for me is the car tags and the 11oz coffee mugs. I do tile murals which pays more. but quantity I sell more of the other.

• Like 1

Don't forget to grab some can coozies too. I did 35 last week and if I recall from my days in NY many, many people consumed cold beverages wrapped in coozies.

Don't forget to grab some can coozies too. I did 35 last week and if I recall from my days in NY many, many people consumed cold beverages wrapped in coozies.

I just ordered some for a customer.  He wanted 100 and I didn't think I could do them cheap enough so I bought them from discount mugs ( I believe that is the name).  But here is the deal I got.... 75 bucks for 100.... but, (curiosity got the best of me) I entered 200 just to see the price difference.  80 bucks?!?!  what??  an extra 5 bucks for another 100?  I went ahead and got the 200 as I could not pass up that deal (banking on this guy ordering another 100 down the road of course.... the next 100 will be all profit!)

Then, to top it off I searched the internet for a discount coupon code..... ta da!!  10% off!!  Total now down to 72 bucks.... cheaper than the first 100 now for 200!  Plus, free shipping!!  Not sure if the price I got was good to start with or not for the original 100 but after my markup the customer was still happy with the price.

• Like 1