DNA_Vinyl

Question on editing...

Are there videos out there that would show me how to seperate a vector into section like this? Im doing a tool box with a 3' x 3' image on the front and my cutter will only go up to 14". BUT if I can vector the image in sectons that would be perfect. Or does anyone how this can be done?

The red lines in the picture is what I mean by sectioning off the vector...then cutting it in the plotter.

post-72594-0-70446800-1395145108_thumb.j

Depending on your software you can tile it like that in the cutter interface.

Wouldn't it be easy to cut it the widths you wanted when it was done and app tape applied? Depending on the tool box, you could apply it then cut between the drawers. That would save having to align each piece.

Wouldn't it be easy to cut it the widths you wanted when it was done and app tape applied? Depending on the tool box, you could apply it then cut between the drawers. That would save having to align each piece.

Oh ya...but i cant cut it all at once. I can only go up to 14" this thing is 3 foot squared.

VinylExpress R Series II or Redsail.   14"

Lexi that came with the machine. It the started version I believe...

You should be able to adjust panel size in LXI to cut the size you want. If it's the same as Flexi in the cut window look at the 4 boxes below the properties box and the second to the right is panel size.

Isn't there away to do a split path at those points? Kinda like doing a monogram letter split with names in middle? Not sure just asking?

It looks like the sizes are different. I think it wuld need to be done in the program before sending it to the cutter.

I did a 3 panel in flexi a couple weeks ago and you can adjust the size of the individual tiles in there. Had a logo that was too big so I did that and I adjusted the tiles so they didn't land in any important design locations.

wait...so..whats that going to do exactly? you tile it, then select which tile you want to cut?

Its not just going to cut them ALL at once is it?

You can double click on each tile to turn them off. I ran mine all at once so I can't give hands on results about that.

OOOOHHH MAN...it seems you can cut each section seperatly.

Fantastic!

THANK YOU!!

Well in Corel Draw about 7 minutes... Not the same pic but you get the idea.

attachicon.gifCar.jpg

Please elaborate. I have had to do this and it always take me way to long.

I don't know Corel, but in Illustrator you simply make a path where you want the artwork split then use the divide below command. There are several other methods too.

Tiling seems to be a quite efficient way to get it done. 

I've had to split as part of a design and I always end up making multiple copies and the using a rectangle to define my line and the weld - back minus front or vice versa. Must be a faster way in Corel, right?

That's eactly what I did in Inkscape. I've alway fellt I had better control over the results when I did my own tiling of the design before I sent it to the cutting software. SignCuts got a pretty good tiling feature I just like dealing with the seperate files, I guess.

Tiling gives you straight cut lines only... doing the tiling manually allows me to cut around features to

make installation easier/ prettier. (hide the seams better)

So I'm not missing "it", I'm just slow at it lol

• Like 1