gcextreme

Testing Out My New Sharpie Holder!

Bought a set of sharpie holders from member mb20music (http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39083-sharpie-marker-sleeve-for-graphtec-cutters-for-sale/)

I posted this into his thread too, but figure i would make another one in the Show Your Work area, and to help promote his awesome sharpie holders!

Ok heres my first attempt...just used a skull i got from the sharing thread..

My next question, my design is centered on the workspace layout in SignBlazer, but when i go to make stuff, its always off centered. See what i mean on the posterboard..how do i fix this? I have the same issue with vinyl...

20140316_105330_zps7a0fef53.jpg

Is your "workspace" in Signblazer the same width as the measured roll you are actually cutting/drawing upon?

Mostly yes, for instance, a roll of 15" wide HTV is really only 14.75" not a true 15". So i set my workspace up for 15" anyways and just center it in the workspace. But when it cuts, its always more toward the top (far left) and leaves a bigger wasted space at the bottom (right side) 

My next question, my design is centered on the workspace layout in SignBlazer, but when i go to make stuff, its always off centered. See what i mean on the posterboard..how do i fix this? I have the same issue with vinyl...

When you go to cut/plot, what do you have the page centering set to?  (That's the button I've highlighted in magenta...)

post-24492-0-67830000-1394995929_thumb.p

Jones, what cutting program is that? Mine doesnt look like that...

I am using SignBlazer and my Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller, version 2.20.

That's Cutting Master v2 from Graphtec, the plugin for CorelDraw.  It's the only I'm really familiar with.  There is probably a similar button in most cutting software...

In workspace setup set your work space after your design is finished go to align and choose align center you will see other options there also.

I know there is a fill option in Flexi (MzSkeeter taught me) On the cut screen choose advanced settings and towards the bottom fill plot.

• Like 1