skategeek

New computer SignBlazer set up

I have read the manual, there's nothing in it about ports. I also called Summa and they were no help at all. He told me to download the latest driver, which I did, but the when I look at the device in the device manager, it still shows it's being controlled by the 2006 driver. 

If you are using USB,  did you go to the very bottom of the drop box. of the OUTPUT device in Signblazer,set up and choose  SUMMA USB?  There are also 4 other USB ports to choose.

yes, I tried every single one of the options listed in there in each of the ports on the laptop. none work. 

Don't know what to tell you then.  Put a ticket into UScutter and have them set you up by remote.  Or call them and get tech support.

You might also consider updating your cutting software, Signblazer has not been updated for many years. Owner passed away several years ago.  Some get it to work with Windows 7 others not.  I personally use Flexistarter, and have for many years. Great cutting software.  Can be had for under $130 on EBAY.

If your running a business, you need software with tech support.  There is nothing with Signblazer, other than forum members to rely on. they are great people,  but certain people may not be on at the moment, to help you and you will just have to wait  like you are now. 

• Like 1

I just updated signblazer a few days ago. that's when it stopped working. Prior to that, I was using it for 2 years on the same windows 7 computer. Nothing changed on the computer other than installing the newer version of signblazer :( I tried calling uscutter. sat on hold forever, then someone got on the line who transferred me and I waited on hold again until they hung up on me. when I tried to call back the phone system made me put in a extension number, but because I have no extension number, it kept hanging up on me. AWESOME SERVICE. 

While your waiting you could download, Signcut for a week trial. .  at Signcut.com.    There is no updates for Signblazer,, only a couple different versions, that are all "patched"  software.   All trial versions.  The Company does not exist since owner passed away several years ago. .   but they are all outdated.  Mostly for older windows.   Some get them to work on 7, some not. 

There is the UScutter version and the UK (all cutter) version of Signblazer, but no updated version.

SECTION 5 ( INTERFACE) of the SUMMA D60 user manual explains how to set your cutter up.  You can set it up with a serial cable, RS232 or a USB connection.   If you cannot make a connection with the USB,  get a Keyspan Adapter.  that is the  brand name.   Or the RS232,  they both come with a driver.

http://www.summa.be/download/sc_en.pdf

And here are your updates.

https://www.summausa.com/support/#tabs-2

I'm using the cable that came with the cutter. I don't know what it's called. It's a really big plug on the machine end and has a bunch of pins inside. The other end that plugs into my computer is a regular USB end. 

I'm using the cable that came with the cutter. I don't know what it's called. It's a really big plug on the machine end and has a bunch of pins inside. The other end that plugs into my computer is a regular USB end. 

Well,, that is not a USB connection.   USB on most vinyl cutters, are like this.   Have the square USB 2 end to go into the vinyl cutter.  My Graphtec is like this also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151092985741?var=450199853887&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Could this be the reason (the serial connection) windows 7 is calling it a printer?

My Lylu TC came with one of those cables... never even hooked up to it though.

So are you back to trying to hook it up to your old computer?

that looks like a printer cable.    Put a RS232  9 pin,, on that 9 pin connection.  It will come with a driver, and give you a com port #.

When you plug that USB connection into your computer, it probably shows up in your device manager under. Universal Serial Bus Controllers. >expand it..  and see what all is there.   You have to have it plugged in and cutter on. 

Did you look there?

from your user manual  for Summacut D60. 

this is your communication.

.2.4 INTERFACE

Communication
Standard asynchronous RS-232-C and

Universal Serial Bus

Serial : I/O Port connector
DB-9P
Mating connector
DB-9S
Byte format
8 data bits, 2 stop bits, no parity
Baud rate