skategeek

New computer SignBlazer set up

I've searched and searched for a few days now and cannot find the answers, so I'm posting here in hopes of some help. I have orders piling up quickly, so I'm getting super stressed out. I have a Refine ECO cutter. there are no other numbers on the cutter. I was using it and signblazer on my old laptop. I just got a new laptop and now I cannot get signblazer to talk to the new computer. 

Its a Windows 7 Toshiba. Set up in SB does not list the Refine ECO (or any refine for that matter) and there are no ports listed in device manager.I'm not sure what to do. I've tried selecting just about every option listed in the setup and nothing has worked. I either get that message that says cannot be initialized, or I get what looks like it's being sent / cutting, with no actual cutting. 

I also have s Summacut D60 that I want to use, but I cant get it set up either. I really hope someone can help. I've got customers emailing me already...

Well, I believe the "MH" series cutters are the same thing as the "Refine" cutters. Do you have that shown in your cutter setup menu in your SB software?

Also want to mention that the Summacut D60 is shown in the "all cutter" version of SB. You have to download and intall the SB update for that. You may still have to load your Summacut driver though.

when i plugged the Refine and the Summacut into the new laptop, windows automatically downloaded drivers for them and said that they were successfully installed. Do I need to do something other than that?

Chose your cutter set up in Signblazer,  at the top of Layout screen is CUTTER, click it,  then choose Set up,  click it, a window will open, to the left choose your cutter.   Also match up how you are connected. with # in device manager.

Chose your cutter set up in Signblazer,  at the top of Layout screen is CUTTER, click it,  then choose Set up,  click it, a window will open, to the left choose your cutter.

I've used this cutter for 3 years on my last laptop. I had no problems setting it up on the old one. But now with the new laptop, all the cutters listed are different and I can't get it set up. 

Try a generic Roland PNC1000,     What driver were you using before?    What was you reason for moving to another computer? 

I found this from tech support,  when someone could not find the ECO driver in Flexi.  Should apply here also

"The ECO does not have a driver in Flexi, but we have had success with the USCutter Copam, the USCutter MH Series, and the Roland PNC drivers".

I tried the Roland PNC 1000 too. I believe the old one was a Refine something, but I'm not 100%. I never needed to check because it just worked. I switched laptops because the old one weighs about 20lbs, has been dropped about a dozen times and the backspace, H and G keys no longer work :P 

I even tried to reinstall SB on that old laptop to just run it on there again until I could sort out the issues, but no luck. It will not work with that laptop either :( 

Try a generic Roland PNC1000,     What driver were you using before?    What was you reason for moving to another computer? 

I found this from tech support,  when someone could not find the ECO driver in Flexi.  Should apply here also

"The ECO does not have a driver in Flexi, but we have had success with the USCutter Copam, the USCutter MH Series, and the Roland PNC drivers".

So does this mean that I just have to select that as my option in the set up, or do I have to download something specific? 

QUOTE> I switched laptops because the old one weighs about 20lbs, has been dropped about a dozen times and the backspace, H and G keys no longer work.

I have a spare laptop with keys that no longer work. As a (temporary?) workaround you could plug a USB keyboard into

the Laptop and (at least) get your orders completed.

I agree,with external keyboard.,  I bought one 2 months ago,  just in case.   I was having problems,   and keyboards are cheap. $10-$20.  I have replaced  2 myself, on different computers.

QUOTE> I switched laptops because the old one weighs about 20lbs, has been dropped about a dozen times and the backspace, H and G keys no longer work.

I have a spare laptop with keys that no longer work. As a (temporary?) workaround you could plug a USB keyboard into

the Laptop and (at least) get you orders completed.

Yes, that would be great except that when I installed the newer version of SB on the old laptop a few days ago, it will no longer recognize the cutter. 

I would be working on getting the SUMMA going,  much better cutter. And the driver is in Signblazer. all cutter version

I would be working on getting the SUMMA going,  much better cutter. And the driver is in Signblazer. all cutter version

when i look at the options in SB for available cutters, there is a D60 and a D60 desktop option. Neither one did anything. 

are the ports numbers matching in Signblazer and your device manager?    Have you read the user manual on how to set the Summa up?  

are the ports numbers matching in Signblazer and your device manager?    Have you read the user manual on how to set the Summa up?  

there are no ports in my device manager. I have no idea how to find them. And the summacut did not come with a manual, it's a hand-me-down. But it is working. I've powered it up and the test cut works just fine from the device. 

Most vinyl cutters have online user manuals, even on legacy (older)  cutters.   Have you tried    Summausa.com